Can I use a Wireworld Stratus 7 (new big connector) on a Rega Brio-R?

gregvds

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Everything is in the title...

I today bought a Rega Apollo-R with a Stratus 7; they match, no problem. Now my next move will be to replace my Puccini SE by a Brio-R. So I'm wandering, looking at rear panel pictures, and comparing with the new Wireworld Stratus 7 bigger end plug, if it will fit the Brio-R rear mains, as this one is rather close to the speakers connectors.

Many thanks for your help and experience.

Best Regards,

Greg

gregvds

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there a pun intended in your answer? I don't catch it if it's the case, sorry, my mother language is french.

I had the mechanical confirmation at my usual dealer, the mains connector Wireworld Stratus 7, now equipped with kindof Furutech connectors, is not compatible with Rega Brio-R, unless using an angled adaptor or an IEC13 to IEC14 one, only to recess the connector position, so it does not block against speakers connectors.

Thanks anyway.

Greg

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi Greg,

yes sorry it was a pun of sorts, based on the book Gulliver's Travels. It probably wasn't funny anyway, and certainly not if you're French! I'm glad you got your answer but sorry it wasn't the one you wanted to hear. For what it's worth, I use the supplied mains leads with all of my components.

Cheers,

Ben

gregvds

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the explanation, I'll try one day to read it and understand this one :).

I know, all that mains cables stuff must be a little mystic stuff, but heck, they are nice to the eye, and somehow I trust the filtering geometry effect of this one (silver, gold other stuff my scientific formation denies myself to believe in, but a good geometry, that gives proper capacitance and self value to filter out spikes and noise out of the 50 - 60 Hz, I can believe, so Wireworld Stratus are for me.

I like also the Supra EFF-ISL simple approach, measurements, and good price for the analog interconnects and speaker cables.

But I recognize it's mainly (pun intended) aesthetic.

TRENDING THREADS