Can I play 3D Blu-Ray on My Sony BDP-S350?

scene

The 3D blu ray spec is backwards compatible with the 2D one, so your old 350 should play the movie, but in 2D.

Having said that, I have read a couple of reports of incompatibility issues with some 3D-BDs and old players, but that's no more than you get with some new BDs and older players...

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I see. It would be 3D I would want...is there such thing as a cheap 3D blu-ray player, I am spending 1600 on a new TV and it looks like Im going to need a new AV amp to cope with HDMI1.4 THis is turning out to be a very expensive venture! One more thing...Will I need to replace the 4 year old HDMI cable I have buried in my wall to the TV ?

scene

Yes, you can get cheap 3D BDPs. For example, the excellent (EDIT: 2010 BluRay product of the year) Sony BDP-S570 can be had for £165 from RGBDirect, or £175 from Dixons.

It's possible that your HDMI cable might carry a 3D signal. Possible, not definite. It definitely won't have an audio return channel or ethernet, but it might have enough bandwidth for 3D. Really depends on manufacturer, model and length of cable and how much over 1.3a/b/c spec they went...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts