Can I configure my old NAS Bufallo TS-1.0TGL/R5

andrewmillner

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I have an old Bufallo NAS which does not have any software on it to allow me to piont DNLA compliant clients or other devices to allow me to use this as a NAS for my music collection.

It is quite old so I do not want to spend a lot of money on it but I've searched the web and TWONKY seem to be the server type s/w to use.

Howeve the help I can find suggests a working knowledge for how to configure it to make it work.

Does anyone know if it is worth trying to make it work or should I just save up for a modern DLNA compliant NAS unit and I could then save some money for a Cambridge client unit to make it work through my hifi?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I did get Twonky installed on my old Buffalo NAS - it was several years ago now, but as I remember, you just need to find a version of the firmware with it included (this won't be an official Buffalo firmware I don't think) and follow the instructions to get this installed.

Once this is done, you can then connect to the Twonky install via a web browser and setup shared media folders. Once I'd done this, I was able to successfully connect to these folders from my PS3 and play these files - so it definitely works. I managed to find a website which pretty much walked me through the process, but as I say, unfortunately it was a while back now!

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If you have downloaded the correct package for the CPU on your NAS, then you can use telnet to logon to the NAS, copy the file onto it, and install it. Then add the mediaserver to the startup script and you're golden.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts