Can dealers list clearance bargains here?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering ?

Since there is no for sale here, maybe places like frank harvey can list any ex demo or cheap stuff on here and we can deal direct?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

So when dave from frank harvey said he was selling a 250.00 sub to me then I phoned him and bought that was against house rules?

I was just wondering, as any further progress been made to have a for sale cat?

Last few posts from others just state we are looking into it.

Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

I dont mean to drop anyone in it or anything.

But how can you have a hot deals section were other websistes are selling bargains, but you cant have a dealer saying we can give half off an amp or something like that?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I think it is nice on here without the trading. The contact details for the dealers registered on the site are available in our profiles. A lot of dealers around the country have clearance or ex-display sections on their sites, a quick bookmark and you have these at your fingertips at all times.

If the dealers are allowed to advertise then it is a short hop to private ads and that really ruins a forum unless it is very tightly regulated IMO.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
canada16:So when dave from frank harvey said he was selling a 250.00 sub to me then I phoned him and bought that was against house rules?

Yes, it was. Will investigate, and if that proves to be so, the user will be banned.

canada16:I was just wondering, as any further progress been made
to have a for sale cat?

Last few posts from others just state we
are looking into it.

We can't have a cat - we spend too much time working. But yes, the sales/wants section is still under consideration, along with a range of other site upgrades/changes.

A

Anonymous

I think what people are missing out is this...

If a dealer puts on the Hotdeals section that they have 10 amps for sale or speakers and they are half price, then what is the difference of me sending a link to play.com for their sales on the same section?

To me thats the same thing.. No?

And to ban that person for helping someone out is not good either.

Oh and also so this does not keep coming up again and again, when do you think these changes might be implemented? Ball park? .. Later this year, next year?

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
canada16:I think what people are missing out is this...
If a dealer puts on the Hotdeals section that they have 10 amps for sale or speakers and they are half price, then what is the difference of me sending a link to play.com for their sales on the same section?

You don't work for Play, that's the difference.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
canada16:If a dealer puts on the Hotdeals section that they have 10 amps for sale or speakers and they are half price, then what is the difference of me sending a link to play.com for their sales on the same section?
To me thats the same thing.. No?

No. One is a retailer misusing the forums to advertise, the other is a user pointing out to other users a good deal he or she has spotted.

canada16:And to ban that person for helping
someone out is not good either.

It's not 'helping someone out', it's advertising, which is against House Rules. Which is why David is now banned for a week.

canada16:Oh and also so this does not keep
coming up again and again, when do you think these changes might be
implemented? Ball park? .. Later this year, next year?

At the moment there is no definite time-frame.

A

Anonymous

Maybe I do and post stuff on here and dont say anything... LOL

No but serious, there is ads all over this site for jaguar and dell and football mags ect they are selling stuff or recomending us to but a dell computer..

Maybe I am missing some point, but we have some good dealers on here that help, and they have some awsome end of line deals that most of us miss because they tend to sell out in the first day or two.

I dont know maybe I should just leave this thread alone, as I and we that are interested get the same answer over and over.. We are looking into it.

Sorry dave.. did not know they would be like that

We buy the mags and support this site, and it seems from past threads, most want this and it seems as though it will never happen, So I have learnt my lesson... Never to ask again

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
canada16:No but serious, there is ads all over this site for jaguar and dell and football mags ect they are selling stuff or recomending us to but a dell computer..

Yes, but they are adverts, paid for by the companies in question. Those wishing to trade on the site are more than welcome to contact our advertising department and arrange to place advertisements, but advertising on the forums is against House Rules.

As I have already said, and Clare has repeatedly stated, we are looking into the possibility of setting up a section for private sales and wants, but the experience of this thread shows there may well be professional traders who would take a cavalier attitude to the rules we put in place regarding these sales and wants.

And frankly we simply don't currently have the resources to deal with policing such matters, arbitrating disputes, handling the kind of scams to which other sites have fallen prey, and so on...

A

Anonymous

I understand your position.

But how do other smaller sites have for sale and wanted sections?

I can list a couple, hopefully without breaking rules like, Bike radar and another av forum that I should not say.

Surley there would be a t&c post to say, that you hold no responsibility for the items sold in this section, like buyer beware type thing.

If someone gets had, then its up to them to sort, thats the risk, same as ebay, go through paypal.

I for one would not come moaning back to clare or yourself that someone done me wrong, sounds like something a 10 year old would do.

Also you talk about resources and you youself has almost 20,000 posts on here, also mr duncan has 14,000 posts as well, so it seems you spend a bit of time on here.

Dont get me wrong I am not moody and dont want to cause an offence, It just seems that we are not being told the whole truth as the only answer we get is, we are looking into it, this was the same answer last year as well

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
canada16:I understand your position.

Good

canada16:But how do other smaller sites have for sale and wanted sections?

You'd have to ask them that. Perhaps they don't care about their reputations.

canada16:I can list a couple, hopefully without breaking rules like, Bike radar and another av forum that I should not say.

If you shouldn't say it, why say it? Are you not content with getting David banned already today, and now want to be banned yourself?

canada16:Surley there would be a t&c post to say, that you hold no responsibility for the items sold in this section, like buyer beware type thing.

If someone gets had, then its up to them to sort, thats the risk, same as ebay, go through paypal.

And have people moaning all over the internet that they got conned by someone advertising on this site, and we didn't want to have anything to do with sorting it? I think not.

canada16:I for one would not come moaning back to clare or yourself that someone done me wrong, sounds like something a 10 year old would do.

Or many internet users...

canada16:Also you talk about resources and you youself has almost 20,000 posts on here, also mr duncan has 14,000 posts as well, so it seems you spend a
bit of time on here.

And your point is what? That JD, Clare, Andy C and I could spend even more time on here sorting out sales and wants? (he said, posting on a Bank Holiday)

canada16:It just seems that we are not being told the whole truth as the only answer we get is, we are looking into it, this was the same answer last year as well

Yes, it was: both Clare and I have made the company's position clear on this subject, and I am not sure what you mean by "It just seems that we are not being told the whole truth" - care to share with the room what you think "the whole truth" is?

A

Anonymous

The whole truth:

You dont want to put a sale section in, and really what you should be saying as you cant see this happening for the forseable future, so please dont bring this up again?

And ok I understand your point about reputation and people moaning about your site, you could have really just said that in the begining.

End of topic I guess.

Once again, sorry dave, didnt realise you would get banned for something you did months ago.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
canada16:The whole truth:

You dont want to put a sale section in, and really what you should be saying as you cant see this happening for the forseable future, so please dont bring this up again?

Not at all: as Clare has said many times, if it's something people want, then it's definitely on the agenda. We just want to make sure it's done properly, is able to be policed properly to avoid abuse, and isn't detrimental to the reputation of the WHFSV brand.

canada16:And ok I understand your point about reputation and people moaning about your site, you could have really just said that in the begining.

It's a point we've made every time the subject has been brought up in the past.

A

Anonymous

Maybe there should be a sticky or something.. LOL

Sorry to all if I caused any offence.

I would be willing to take david's one week ban myself, if thats ok?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We've discussed this enough now. I think David, like the other retailers posting here, is fully aware of the rules, and overstepped them on that occasion. I'm reducing his ban to three days, but that's the end of the matter.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:We've discussed this enough now. I think David, like the other retailers posting here, is fully aware of the rules, and overstepped them on that occasion. I'm reducing his ban to three days, but that's the end of the matter.

EDITED BY MODS - please do not discuss moderation. Rule 12.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts