Can anyone recommend any good war/history blurays to watch.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any good war/history blu-rays to watch.

I want to fully test out the subwoofer on my system. And I just generally just like to watch them anyway.

A

Anonymous

Letter from Iwo Jima is good IMO, 5.1 true HD also.
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

The Band of Brothers blu ray set is exceptional value at around £25

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys I think I will purachase them and I hope they release Saving Private Ryan on blu-ray as I think that is one awesome film. I also heard We Were Soldiers was good on blu-ray do you have any expierence of it.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jk1988:
Thanks guys I think I will purachase them and I hope they release Saving Private Ryan on blu-ray as I think that is one awesome film. I also heard We Were Soldiers was good on blu-ray do you have any expierence of it.

Band of Brothers is better than Private Ryan in my opinion and I agree that it's a brilliant film On Bluray, Band of Brothers is superb.

A

Anonymous

Oooh I didnt realise "we were soldiers" was available on blu-ray. Its £8 on Amazon and HMV. A brilliant war film. Especially at that price.

I lent that (pre-blu-ray) and saving private ryan to "a friend" and never saw them again. Had to re-buy them both.
emotion-6.gif

Band of Brothers is another great experience.

I'll definetly be getting all 3 myself. So it will be the 3rd time I've bought we were soldiers and saving private ryan!

A

Anonymous

I am a fan of war movies. Pearl Harbor, We Were Soldiers, Behind Enemy Lines, Saving Private Ryan are on top of the list!

Would like to pump your sub? U571 is a must! I once saw "Return the Vietnam", it looks promising but missed the boat. Couldn't find it nowadays, might worth to check it out though.

A

Anonymous

Band Of Brothers
Letters From Iwo Jima
Flags Of Our Fathers
Black Hawk Down
We Were Soldiers

Avoid Pearl Harbor unless you already know and like the film!

A

Anonymous

JTD:
If you don't mind subtitles then this is the film for sound!

Assembly Blu-ray

If you don't mind gore! It is a great film and one for testing the system out.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm (im) patiently waiting for Saving Private Ryan on bluray. We Were Soldiers (Some body count) is great on Bluray but Band of Brothers is by far my favourite. I didn't think it would be that much different on Bluray from the SD-DVD release but it is...big time. It's a must-have purchase.

A

Anonymous

My favourite World War II film is Black Book (Zwartboek) directed by Paul Verhoeven (RoboCop/Total Recall/Starship Troopers) (Dutch/German Language/ENG Subtitles).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Zulu - the sound isn't going to wow anyone expecting blockbuster material but it's a great track considering the age of the source material. Picture is fantastic as well.

I actually just got Glory the other day as well but have yet to watch it - have heard good things though.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
FuzzyinLondon:Master and Commander. Awesome naval battles in DTS HD MA. The cannon-fire is a good tester for the sub.

Oooooo! Yeah! Forgot about this! One of my all time top 5 movies too. Awesome film in every way.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
d4v3pum4:I'm (im) patiently waiting for Saving Private Ryan on bluray. We Were Soldiers (Some body count) is great on Bluray but Band of Brothers is by far my favourite. I didn't think it would be that much different on Bluray from the SD-DVD release but it is...big time. It's a must-have purchase.

Unfortunately we're in for a wait before we see SPR on Blu-ray. Most all of Spielberg's big films are being held back for some reason. Not surprising though as the exact same thing happened when DVD was launched way back when. It was quite some time after the format had matured to some particular number of installed users before the likes of ET, Jurassic Park, Jaws, etc. were let loose on the format. I think the same reason was given by Lucas re: Star Wars- wait long enough 'till loads and loads of people have a player to play it in and by then people are desperate to have the film and you get massive sales on re-release on the new format.

We were soldiers and Band of Brothers are fantastic. And Master and Commander will definitely put your system through the paces, an absolutely amazing dynamic sound mix.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
FuzzyinLondon:Master and Commander. Awesome naval battles in DTS HD MA. The cannon-fire is a good tester for the sub.

Brilliant film with an awesome soundtrack even on DVD.

A

Anonymous

Roll on Spring 2010.
emotion-11.gif

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/may/21/the-pacific-hbo-sky-band-of-brothers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts