CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH HI REZ DOWNLOAD

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
my set up consist of cyrus pre xpd with 8 power and all music saved onto laptop(via USB) using itunes in apple lossless.When I play tracks it shows on the cyrus as 44.1kz(as supposed to be).Recently I decided to join B&W society of sound and purchase 24 bit audio at 48khz.I managed to download tracks and add them to winamp without any problem but when i play them it showed (in winamp as 48khz) but on the cyrus it only shows 44.1khz..So I have absolutely no real means of knowing if I am really listening to hi rez or is it lost in between winamp and the cyrus.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.thanks

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
i was suspecting that.m currently looking into the cyrus details and specs.i know it accepts hi rez but via usb that is the question.thanks anyway

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi Stpierre,

I have a Cyrus setup including PreXPd. I stream music from a Windows 7 laptop via the USB input into the PreXPd. The USB imprementation in this setup to 16 bit 48kHz sample rate... into the USB input on the PreXPd. However, the internal DAC in the PreXPd can input to 24bit, 96 Khz sample rate but can only do this via SPDIF input (either coaxial or optical).

This thread contains an email report from Cyrus about this issue:

http://www.rdhworld.myzen.co.uk/mybb/showthread.php?tid=9041&page=2

A site which has a huge amount of info on this is: www.computeraudiophile.com.

I am considering getting a M2Tech Hiface USB to SPDIF converter which is quite popular and costs approx. $AUD 200 (around GBP 90 I think). Link: http://www.m2tech-hiface.com.au/index.php/hiface

This would allow sending bit-perfect lossless files directly to the PreXPd DAC at 24 / 96.

Hope this helps,

D

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
thanks mate for all the info.I was indeed trying tlo figure it out bit you made it much easier for me.Appreciate the links....thanks very much

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts