Cambridge Audio question for a friend, just to really try your patience!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="al7478"][quote user="marcymarc555"]
[quote user="al7478"]interesting. i thought the harder highs would be something CA amps would be suited to (by their reputation - i have little experience of them)[/quote]

I think that the cambridge would sound lovely with opera music or something along those lines, but in my opinion it just doesnt seem to agree with rugged beats and the like.

I go round to a friends house quite often who has a 17 year old pioneer 400a and it sounds a million times better than the cambridge, it baffles me how something so old can sound better than something so new, but it just does, it pis*ses me right off lol

In all fairness though, i should of spent alot more money than what i did on an amp, £150 is nothing really in amp terms, thats probably why the old pioneer sounds so much better, because it cost more than £150 seventeen years ago i expect??l lol

Id like one of the new pioneer amps, but dont think the facia design agrees with other seperates.

[/quote]

i understand what you mean i think. it has difficulty coping with the thuddy stuff rather than the high end stuff...?[/quote]

Yeah thats kinda my point lol

I kind of get the feeling that the cambridge doesnt agree with poorly recorded music, when i say poor , i mean even stuff thats been studio recorded but through crap gear like it was in the old days.

New main stream music that has been engineered and produced to high standards through modern techniques is perfect for the cambridge,

Another way i see it is the cambridge trys to make crisp sound out of music that never had crisp sound in the first place lol

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
yeah i see. really you want the best of both worlds really. i want a system that can cope with quiet acoustic stuff, and quite rawkus(sic) stuff, without taking away any of the edge, but while accentuating the details. I hope theyre not mutually exclusive qualities!

nads

ok your current amp is rated at 50w per channel.
if you went for a power amp and used your amp just as a pre amp you may be able to buy more power/control for you pound. as you are not buying all the switches and buttons...

eg the c272 power amp has 3 times the power

but again i forget what your problem was.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
i was just saying that i might upgrade sooner than i thought, in order to maximise the potential of my ma br2s, but theres no big problem as such. In fact, i think i may have let the thread wonder into idle chit-chat, bearing in mind the title, but its been interesting, cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts