Cambridge Audio 650A vs Nad C326bee

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello. Im new to the forums but have listened to music for 30 years (or 60 if you cound both ears separatly :D ) Have read WHF for years but not registered on the forum so its my first post :)

Over here in Norway they both cost the same. I see that the mag has given both 5 stars. The cambridge seems abit more advanced and sturdy but that doesnt always translate into sound quality. I will match the amp with the b&w 686 or 685 depending on my budget but id like some input from those who has tested both amps. I may get a chanse at testing them both with said speakers but im not sure. I currently own the Cambridge 340A but fear that it may be abit on the weak side for the speakers i mentioned. I do like the sound quality it offers my old B&O RL1000 speakers.

Thank you :)

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Dont know about sound ,but like u say the cambrige products always seen better made ,thay have a nice alloy front panal instead of the cheap looking plastic ones on the Nads

Mark

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I would go for the Nad C326bee. It has a nice, powerful musical sound. I heard the 650A and it wasn't my cup of tea. A bit harsh and clinical sounding. Just my two cents
emotion-1.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
What price is the Marantz CD6003 in Norway? It's in the same price-class as the Cambridge and NAD here in UK, and also a five-star product that's well worth a listen if you're buying at this level. All have quite a different style (look as well as sound), so auditioning is key.

We're just about to start intensively comparing the three brands - and some new entries from Onkyo, Denon etc - before naming our favourite @£300 player in next month's Awards.

A

Anonymous

The marantz is also available at about the same price but its going to be even harder to compare it to the speakers im looking at.

Nad, CA, B&W, dali and denon are all available in the same enthusiast store chain while marantz are imported by another chain. As im rebuilding the house atm i cant afford to get it all in one go so ill be upgrading the amp 3-6 months after ive decided on the 686 or 685 speakers :)

A

Anonymous

Hello Clare,

Good to know.Shall eagerly look forward to have WHF's value judgement on the said brands.

sks

A

Anonymous

Im also having half an eye on the Denon 1910 receiver. The system is used for music 90% of the time but it sure would be nice to have those additional digital inputs. How much worse is really the 1910 in terms of music performance compared to the two pure stereo amps? Any thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts