Cambridge Audio 640T V2 Problem. Please help:)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys. I just wonder if you could help me. My 640T CA dab tuner became to act strangely. Evrything was fine until last week.... I was listening to it for approximately 4 hours and suddenly display backlight started to flash for few seconds and then gone blank and dab went silent. Plugged it off waited few minutes plugged in and it worked fine for around 20 minutes and th same thing. For xample in the morning it will work for few hours and then it happens again. If I wait fw minuts it will work fine again but not as long as few hours. Maybe 45 min to 1h. It looks like it gets overheated... is it possible? it stands on the top of the amp (840A V2) and get fairly hot but it always had been there and verything was fine. Any solution? What should I do? is it broken? any chance to repair it? anyone had ame problem? Please Help. Thank You!!!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds heat-related, and as if something has happened as a result of that sitting on top of the amp - very bad move - which is now becoming a more persistent problem.

A

Anonymous

Yeah. It is definitely overheating. I put it on top of the amp and in the cabinet as well...Really bad move...Is there anything I can do with it that it gets back to normal? anyway to repair it? Is it damaged permanently? Thanks Andrew

A

Anonymous

Did it really happened simply beacuse it was sitting on top of the amp? I thought these things meant to sit on top of each other??? Can I damage my cd player this way too? it is under my amp now

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
your lucky it,s not the amp that went, never stack any thing on the top of an amplifier.

the vents in the top are there for a reason, to allow a good flow of air through to dissapate the heat that,s produced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts