Calling monitor audio speaker owners

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
just bought some BX6 towers, and they are already souding nice :dance: , but like all monitor audios the drivers are held in place by just one bolt running through from the back of the cabinets, which 'apparantly' reduces colouration :? but I heave heard these are more likely to become loose and therefore cause clouration unless they are periodicaly checked and tightened, anyone MA owners had problems with the bolts loosening over time or is it not really an issue, mine seem tight at the moment but the manual states they need checking after an initial run in from new, not something I have ever heard of needed doing with new speakers !

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I checked mine after about 100 hours of use from new. Some of them were loose so I had to tighten them. So far they have not loosened again

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
As matthewpiano says, putting glue on new speakers ,a no no, maybe a good idea for old second hand speakers if the driver screws do keep working loose :roll: ,

I only realised this odd driver fixing method when I read the manual about the tightning of those screws at the back(with the supplied hexagonal key), wonder how the drivers are made airtight? apparantley they 'float' in the cabinet. A lone screw seems not enough, The RX and Gold range are the same, but it seems to do the trick, cabinet resonance seems very surpressed for such large cabinets , .Infact the midrange is suprisingly good , revealing more layering in the music than the evo3 they replace , Very impressed with these.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
It would also more than likely invalidate the warranty and make servicing access difficult in the future.

It certainly wouldn't make access difficult. If you have any experience of Loctite you know it just shatters when you turn the screw. It's designed to stop bolts vibrating loose but to shatter under pressure. Over the years (decades) I've used it on sorts of things and it has always worked well. Buy, hey, if you like tightening bolts feel free.

Chris

Bertie1

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Agree on the threadlock.

Worked in F1 and aviation and it works as stated by Covenanter.

Creates a bond between threads and just breaks away when you want it released.

Only need tiny amounts so shouldn't get it anywhere other than where it's needed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts