Calling Benchmark DAC 2 HGC owners

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
There was an earlier thread about whether the new Benchmark DAC 2 HGC is a new reference. I'm not sure what qualifies as a reference, but having used one for about two weeks now, I have to say that it is an excellent piece of equipment that has improved the sound quality of my system significantly.

One nagging thing though. The manual states that when switched to "Standby' mode, the lights will flash for 5 minutes before going off. However, in Standby, the lights on mine continue blinking for hours and don't go off. I find this annoying because the unit is in my bedroom and my main listening is done at night, so I end up having to switch it off completely.

I've emailed Benchmark and a member of their sales staff has replied that his unit acts the same as mine, so he's checking with his tech people. What I wanted to know is if this means a) both our units are faulty and b) if they are, whether can it be corrected via a simple firmware update. However, it's been more than a week and I've not heard anything further.

Do other owners have the same problem? Input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Silikonas but doesn't pressing the Off button twice simply switch it off? Standby mode is supposed to be one press of the Off button I think.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Silikonas but doesn't pressing the Off button twice simply switch it off? Standby mode is supposed to be one press of the Off button I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts