cabling

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, been a while since last posted here but now in motions of upgrading to the new pioneer vsx-lx53 and also will be purchasing a projector soon also, but my question today is the best way to cable a ps3, sky hd box, wii, media player and computer to the new amp.

Currently everything goes to my plasma and then sound goes to the amp, but with the new amp i want to send everything to the amp and then one hdmi to tv but on the other hand i dont want to always have amp on for sounds, sometime im happy with it just on tv especially late at night.

Would be grateful for a little advice and maybe suggestion of the best way around things

rgds jon c

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
thxs for your reply, but i sorta know that and my post was alittle light on info, basically my current setup has hdmi on ps3 and sky hd going straight to tv and the sound going to amp wii has componant to tv and sound to amp, but with new amp i would have everything going to amp then one hdmi to tv but would this mean i have to amp on to have sound all the time say from ps3 or hd box?

rgds jon c

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
ok, i was just trying not to have amp on everytime i wanted to watch tv, maybe its better to get the amp and my setup rdy and have sometime testing what im happy with

i just didnt want to have amplified sound just for watching general tv or if its late didnt want ps3 to keep people awake hehe

thxs for your advice though appreciate it

michael hoy

Hi Jon,

If the amp has HDMI pass tthrough, then you will just need the amp in standby, but not sure if all inputs can be passed through.

I did have a Denon 1909 and used it for passing the Sky box signal through, this way could watch and listen via the TV or watch TV and listen through the amp.

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
no you get me wrong i will be useing the new amp at full potential but i wanted the option of not having to have the amp for everything, which michael hoy has answer in his post reply thxs michael. i would assume the pioneer amp has the pass through feature you talk about.

michael hoy

jon c:no you get me wrong i will be useing the new amp at full potential but i wanted the option of not having to have the amp for everything, which michael hoy has answer in his post reply thxs michael. i would assume the pioneer amp has the pass through feature you talk about.

Jon,

My Pioneer SC-LX72 does not appear to have this facility and quite disappointing it is too, but the quality of the amp makes up for it.

I cannot say if the new Pioneer amps have the pass through option or not, but the Denon amps do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts