Cable flow direction

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Does it matter if I run my speaker cables directly north/south or will they be less effected by the Earths magnetic field if I run them east/west?

If any change occur, the frequency will be so low, as to be inaudiable.

Happy Easter!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Does it matter if I run my speaker cables directly north/south or will they be less effected by the Earths magnetic field if I run them east/west?

To get it right, you need an expert in Fung Shui.

lejockey

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Surely with even just a few watts of power running down the cable, any change brought about by it being on the floor is going to be utterly overshadowed? Surely its better to worry about the quality of the recording than something so utterly insignificant?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
steve_1979 said:

To get it right, you need an expert in Fung Shui.

Don't be silly.....!

You simply need to factor in the coriolis component for your particular latitude, a gentle curve in nominally straight runs of cable should do the trick,naturally the effects are reversed south of the equator.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
kmlav said:
DocG said:
kmlav said:
Right I have changed mine to point in the correct direction and I can say without a shadow of doubt the the arrows now point a different way.

Not so sure! It might be your brain playing tricks on you!

here is the photographic evidence that proves that the arrows are indeed pointing in the right direction.

IMG_0542_zpsa5532d98.jpg

Yeah yeah, unless you have a way with Photoshop... :type: ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts