Cable Advice: Samsung TV, PS3 and Arcam Solo Mini

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Can anyone just give me their best idea to rig this up - for both sonics and visual? ie: HDMi, Optic, etc ...
Appreciated. (No Sky HD - but will do in future.)

(Samsung 7 series: UE40B7020WW)

Many thanks

emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

I don't know if the Solo Mini is right for this system.

The PS3 sounds okay from its analogue outputs but vastly better if you feed the opticial output into an amplifier or speakers that can accept that connection.

It means that the Digital to Analogue conversion is being done in the HiFi component, and at a higher quality. You'll see this abbreviated to DAC on this forum.

My advice is to find an amplifier with digital inputs: Lyngdorf, Cyrus and others do them; and AVI make a pair of speakers with amplifiers and digital inputs built-in, as do many other manufacturers in the pro audio industry.

When used with an external "DAC" for music, the PS3 will sound as good as the most "high-end" CD players.

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate the Arcam is not ideal. It was in place before everything else. So what would be the best fit for what I have do you think? Is it going to be anologue from TV to Arcam? Hdmi from Ps3 to TV ...

Sorry, I realise this is a basic request I'm just trying to minimalise the amount of cables.

:(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts