CA740A Satisfaction. Long but please bear with me...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Good points chaps. A couple of things though:

I am not entitled to a refund from richer sounds. If I bought it mail order I would be, but I bought it from the shop in person so I'm not.

I've had the RS6's demo'd in the shop with decent gear and was very impressed. Sometimes, now at home, they shine and impress - as I've said some CD's bring out the best in them I haven't heard the speakers you guys mentioned, so I'm not knocking them, but I don't think the RS6's are to blame. I've been wrong before though.

Moved the room around with the misses tonight and made a noticable improvement.

So, I'm gonna be happy with what I have now 740A, 640C and RS6's and get some decent interconnects and speaker cable to convince myself I'm getting the best I can out of it.

Then, sometime in the future, I'll uprade the amp AND cd for a big jump up.

cheers

bloney

A

Anonymous

Looks like it's best to buy mail order from Richer then.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bloney"]
Cheers, Sex - I'll look into better wires then, although to be honest, I'm skeptical! [/quote]

Don't be sceptical. I made my (cheapish) system sound twice as expensive by upgrading the cables (QED), interconnects (QED again) and power leads (Krystal Kables). DON'T overlook the power leads - you will be amazed at the difference they make.

I had Richer's horrible Gale cable before and it stank. They used to let you take cables away to try - don't they still? Do they still stock the QED range?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts