Buying a new system any advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just joined the forum and am buying a new system after reading the reviews.

Unfortunately the other items im buying i cant find on the site could you please have a look and direct me in the right way if there are changes.

Marantz Pm 6002 Amp £230

Dali Lektor 1 £250

Soundstyle Z1 speaker stands or Soundstyle ST122 £99.95 0r £102.50

Denon ASD-11R Ipod dock £69.95

Monitor audio pureflow Bi wire speaker cable £ 10 per metre

Appreciate your help

Many thanks

Brian

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian and welcome :)

What would be handy to know is what music do you listen to? Also; have you considered/demo'd other separates as well or have you got your heart set on this system?

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan

I listen to everything but not a lot of dance or rap.

I have listened to the amp .I am looking for a value system which will bring me a bit off fun.

The system i choose is just for an ipod.

A

Anonymous

Soundstyle Z1 speaker stands or Soundstyle ST122 £99.95 0r £102.50

With regards to the above, you don't need them, Atacama Nexus would be absolutely fine as they are a very sturdy and highly thought of speaker stand anyway.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Totally agree with HiFi Nerwbie - You dont need to spend that amount on stgands for a budget system. Take a look at the Atacama Nexus 5/6 stands and also consider filling them with atabites to dampen them a well. Much better for bass response.

Also; with regards to amps; have you demo'd the NAD C315 integrated? IMO its hell; of a lot better than the Marantz with a much fuller soundstage and would match the Dali's much better also.

TRENDING THREADS