AV Amp system for Movies sorted ....So I now need a good Hifi set up ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am happy that I have my AV system sorted, I have a Denon AVR 1909 Amp with a Panasonic BD35 blu ray player a Toshiba 40" 1080p TV and SKY HD all connected to a Tannoy mercury F1 custon 5.1 speaker system ..Blu rays look and sounds fooking great....

I also have a denon ASD 11R dock for my ipod connected to the above denon amp for music ..but i think it sounds rubbish on stereo mode, the only way I can get it to sound ok ish is in 5.1 mode and that just dosent feel right for music !...

SO ...unless i am just doing something wrong with the above set up and my music..please advise ...I am going to buy a seperate Hi-fi system and some speakers for my music.

All my music is digital on my ipod and Buffalo Linkstation NAS ..so .i was thinking of just getting a good but cheap amp (£300 range) ...like the Marantz PM6003 or a NAD C326 and a set of speakers like the ...Dali Lektor 2's or the Mordaunt Short Aviano 1's, or another pair of the Tannoy Mercury Custom F1's and a pair of speaker stands, ...I could then connect the ASD 11R Denon dock to the new amp with a decent set of auido cables and i am sure it will sound MUCH better ...I am also planning to get a Sonos BU150 in the new year for my lounge, bedroom and kitchen ...so I could then do away with the denon dock and just attach a ZP90 to my wirless router and the new amp in the lounge and put the ZP120 in the bedroom and run a speaker switch with just a pair of speaker into the kitchen (or put another ZP120 in the kitchen)

How does that sound to all you Hi-fi junkies ....ANY INPUT OR ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Cheers

Mark

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Mark D G:
I am happy that I have my AV system sorted, I have a Denon AVR 1909 Amp with a Panasonic BD35 blu ray player a Toshiba 40" 1080p TV and SKY HD all connected to a Tannoy mercury F1 custon 5.1 speaker system ..Blu rays look and sounds fooking great....

I also have a denon ASD 11R dock for my ipod connected to the above denon amp for music ..but i think it sounds rubbish on stereo mode, the only way I can get it to sound ok ish is in 5.1 mode and that just dosent feel right for music !...

SO ...unless i am just doing something wrong with the above set up and my music..please advise ...I am going to buy a seperate Hi-fi system and some speakers for my music.

All my music is digital on my ipod and Buffalo Linkstation NAS ..so .i was thinking of just getting a good but cheap amp (£300 range) ...like the Marantz PM6003 or a NAD C326 and a set of speakers like the ...Dali Lektor 2's or the Mordaunt Short Aviano 1's, or another pair of the Tannoy Mercury Custom F1's and a pair of speaker stands, ...I could then connect the ASD 11R Denon dock to the new amp with a decent set of auido cables and i am sure it will sound MUCH better ...I am also planning to get a Sonos BU150 in the new year for my lounge, bedroom and kitchen ...so I could then do away with the denon dock and just attach a ZP90 to my wirless router and the new amp in the lounge and put the ZP120 in the bedroom and run a speaker switch with just a pair of speaker into the kitchen (or put another ZP120 in the kitchen)

How does that sound to all you Hi-fi junkies ....ANY INPUT OR ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Cheers

Mark

Well a stereo amp will definitely improve your sound for sure. However, your source is also important. If your digital files are not lossless, the sound will not sound as good. If you use a DAC with your digital files, you will get a better sound - and if you get a DAC and use lossles files, you will get excellent sound. The only thing that could makes things easier is if you had an AV receiver with front left and right pre outs. You would then not need to buy another pair of speakers. You could see how much you can get for your Denon and see how much an equivalent with pre outs is and work out if it's cheaper than getting the extra speakers.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
georgejack:
In my opinion (just an opinion too) all compressed music whether mp3/acc etc sounds tripe, even the lossless encoded stuff.

I'd stick with the cd option and go for the reasonably cheap NAD c515bee/CA 640a or similar.

As for the amp, I'd probably go for the c326bee paired with either Mezzo 2's or diamond 10.2's but as a budget option the diamond 9.1's are rather cheap now at under £100 and are pretty good little speakers. I had the 9.1's and the mercury F1's and the 9.1's were far better.

But after all, it's only my opinion and I'm sure some will disagree.

Lossless files are the same as the cd. Add a decent DAC and you get a better sound than a lot of cd players - way better than those you have mentioned.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply ...My files are not lossless, so I could add in a DAC ..if I was to have the Sonos system connected to my Router and playing files on my Linkstation cabled to the ZP90 ..where would the DAC fit in ? attached to the ZP90 via digital optical cable and then out of the DAC to the AMP on audio cables ? or what ?

Cheers mate

Mark

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Mark D G:
Thanks for the reply ...My files are not lossless, so I could add in a DAC ..if I was to have the Sonos system connected to my Router and playing files on my Linkstation cabled to the ZP90 ..where would the DAC fit in ? attached to the ZP90 via digital optical cable and then out of the DAC to the AMP on audio cables ? or what ?

Cheers mate

Mark

That's the way but you would want at least 320kbps mp3s - lossless is preferable with a DAC.

A

Anonymous

Ok mate thanks ..

is their any way i can improve the quality of my mp3 file ..up the kbps via a software package..some of the file i downloaded years ago are low quality at 220kbps ..?

cheers Mark

TRENDING THREADS