Burning in hifi components

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

Covenanter said:
matthewpiano said:
Yep, my Rega RS1s improved quite significantly over the first 50 or so hours of use. Same with my Dynaudios too.

No you think they did!

Chris
Bit patronising that Chris. I don't *think*. They did improve, as speakers do. Speakers are mechnical, and as with anything mechanical, the first few hours are an important period of 'bedding in'.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Covenanter said:
matthewpiano said:
Yep, my Rega RS1s improved quite significantly over the first 50 or so hours of use. Same with my Dynaudios too.

No you think they did!

Chris
Bit patronising that Chris. I don't *think*. They did improve, as speakers do. Speakers are mechnical, and as with anything mechanical, the first few hours are an important period of 'bedding in'.

My point was that it is very difficult in this area for humans to separate the real from the perceived. My hifi sounds better to me some days than others. Now it could be that it is designed to run better on Thursdays than Fridays but the most likely explanation is that there is something different about me as humans are very variable in their performance. So we all "think" we hear something different. In reality sometimes there is a difference and it's down to the kit, sometimes it's down to us and sometimes it's a combination of the two.

Chris

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Whatever is going on inside my amp ref: burning in and taking 96 hours all i can say is bring on the 96th hour cause at the moment im just astounded by the sound im listening to.

i popped home to walk the dog a lunchtime and grabbed a quick 20 mins of music well i tell you i was listening to Antony and the Johnsons debut album and i could hear every breath he was breathing nasal or through his mouth for me this is quite amazing ive never heard this b4 from my hifi.

this amp is trully fantastic the speakers just dissapear and let the music flow

big massive grin at the mo

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Covenanter said:
matthewpiano said:
Covenanter said:
matthewpiano said:

No you think they did!

Chris

My point was that it is very difficult in this area for humans to separate the real from the perceived. My hifi sounds better to me some days than others. Now it could be that it is designed to run better on Thursdays than Fridays but the most likely explanation is that there is something different about me as humans are very variable in their performance. So we all "think" we hear something different. In reality sometimes there is a difference and it's down to the kit, sometimes it's down to us and sometimes it's a combination of the two.

Chris

I tend to agree. Also if you play an album for the first time does it sound the same every other time you play it? I have found some albums are jarring on first listen or I don't like them that much, on subsequent listens my mind changes. Now does the music change, no, its you that changes? Your brain gets used to the sounds and does not notice some of them so much and subsequent hearings. One album that sticks in my mind is Quadrophenia, on first hearing I really did not like the horns but after a few plays I did not notice them anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts