Budget receiver for Boston Acoustics Soundware 5.1 setup

mattie_uk

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm shortilsting some AV receivers to go with my Boston Acoustics Soudware SE speakers and would be grateful for advice.

I've got around £250 to spend, and was considering the following:

- Denon AVR-x1000/2000 (depending upopn whether the current cheaper price for the 2000 sticks)

- Harman-Kardon AVR-171

- Yamaha RXV475

Any others I should consider? Any thoughts on which would be best suited to a smaller room with the Soundwave speakers?

A few other requirements/factors:

- I'm running music from a Microserver so networking is important, as is the ability to play music files dreictly from the server (i.e. not through external streaming device)

- will be connected to a BT HD box and PS3.

- I'd be interested on how easy it is to control each of the above from an android tablet using their native apps, as the receiver may be out of direct sight and therefore tricky to control via IR remote.

- Relatively compact size would be ideal (current Denon AVR-3300 has too large a footprint for ideal location in room)

- It will also sadly not have the greatest ventilation, so cool running would be a bonus.

Many thanks in advance!

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
mattie_uk said:
Found the Denon AVR-X2000 for £279 delivered from Hi Fi corner, so went with that.

That's a great amp for the money! They usually go for around $850 - $900 over here! (£450 - £480)

mattie_uk

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Gah - just got a message to say they've sold out!

A few places were offering it at £250 which seems to have driven demand. It seems it's back up to £330 at most places now, but message is it'll be end of month before any are received.

Anyone any ideas on other options, or should I hold on to see if Denon ship any more to the UK?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts