Budget Compact Stereo Reveiver Suggestions Please

Witterings

Looking for ideally a compact Stereo Receiver that I can use with a pair of Monitor Audio BX1's I've got in the loft .... it doesn't have to be compact although that would definitely be my preferred.

It also doesn't have to be amazing quality it's just for the radio as my one in the bedroom's just broken.
Murphy's law I've just sold a broken Denon RCD M38 as spares or repair as I'd have a quote if £100 to get it fixed, if I'd know this was about to break I'd have had it repaired and used that.

I was thinking about a Fosi Audio TB10A or similar and plugging an Echo Dot into it but I don't fancy the idea of Alexa listening in the bedroom and really just want to press one button and the radio plays as it's invariably as I'm up late for work and dashing for the shower.

If I can't find anything smaller I may got for something like a Sony STR-DH190 but would prefer smaller and ideally less expensive as well.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

jjbomber

I was thinking about a Fosi Audio TB10A or similar and plugging an Echo Dot into it but I don't fancy the idea of Alexa listening in the bedroom and really just want to press one button and the radio plays as it's invariably as I'm up late for work and dashing for the shower.
Set the alarm on Alexa to wake you up to your favourite radio station. Then switch the microphone off.

Witterings

Set the alarm on Alexa to wake you up to your favourite radio station. Then switch the microphone off.

I did think about similar but my wake times vary hugely from if I'm work from home or going to see someone so I'd constantly be changing the time and switching it off at weekends.
The other thing, I wonder if the red ring that displays when the mic's off would be annoying constantly on in the night but a useful suggestion!

DM41 DAB as an upgrade the the D-38 you disposed of? Seems to be £280 at the moment.
It is what I use to wake me up in the morning.

Must admit I've woken up this morning and thought I may try and find a 2nd hand Denon M38 or any of the later versions.

I also had an afterthought last night and it may be a "convenient time" (where's a feigning innocence emoji when you need one) to move an M39 (replaced the broken M38) from another more critical room and upgrade in there instead ... so I have a few options to consider.

matthewpianist

Depending on budget I'd suggest moving the M39, and then upgrading to a Denon CEOL 11 or Marantz MCR-612 in the more critical room. That will give you a step up in performance and functionality whilst keeping things compact. I'm thrilled to bits with my Marantz even having had some very good separates kit.

Witterings

Depending on budget I'd suggest moving the M39, and then upgrading to a Denon CEOL 11 or Marantz MCR-612 in the more critical room. That will give you a step up in performance and functionality whilst keeping things compact. I'm thrilled to bits with my Marantz even having had some very good separates kit.

That's certainly one of the options was considering but would probably go for the Marantz simply because it has that bit more power.

Other option was possibly thinking of going NR1200 as I don't need the CD, although any increase in size will meet with strong opposition in that room and would have to build a larger shelf meaning leaving some hole in the wall that'd need filling / painting and again wouldn't be received well.

Yamaha WXA-50 could tick a lot of boxes as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts