Budget blu-ray or more up-market DVD?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Being a bit of a sucker for a "bargain", I'm drawn to a graded Denon DVD-2930 on sale at £150. Having read the reviews, it looks like a well-built and sophisticated machine. On the other hand, for not much more I could buy a Panasonic DMP-BDP35 blu-ray player which, although more of a lightweight in build quality, does seem to have a powerful processor (needed to handle blu-ray, I suppose) and the benefit (for me) of an SD card slot from which to play AVCHD files from my Panny HD camcorder. Can anyone offer advice on the PQ available from these two players using SD DVDs. TV is soon to be Panasonic TH42PX80B. Thanks.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
dazedXconfused:Being a bit of a sucker for a "bargain", I'm drawn to a graded Denon DVD-2930 on sale at £150. Having read the reviews, it looks like a well-built and sophisticated machine. On the other hand, for not much more I could buy a Panasonic DMP-BDP35 blu-ray player which, although more of a lightweight in build quality, does seem to have a powerful processor (needed to handle blu-ray, I suppose) and the benefit (for me) of an SD card slot from which to play AVCHD files from my Panny HD camcorder. Can anyone offer advice on the PQ available from these two players using SD DVDs. TV is soon to be Panasonic TH42PX80B. Thanks.

The Denon might have the slight edge but it would be slight. I would go BD all day long.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, guys. 3 votes out of 3 for blu-ray. Looks like no-one thinks the Denon's upscaling is significantly better than the BD35's - at least, not enough to compensate for the lack of blu-ray ..... ?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Bluray. Unless you're happy to continue buying DVD's at the cheap prices they have reached now - then move to Bluray when you think it's clearly worth it.

I think it's worth it now but you have to live with your decision.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts