So I've decided to buy the Q Acoustics 2010i. What subwoofer is a good match for these speakers? My budget is £50 but I will be looking on ebay for anything good but used. What brands in particular are good and what sized sub should I get ?

*Try name some well known models so that it gets more search results*

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
My advice would be to wait till you can up your budget or not bother, for £50 even on the used market you’ll being doing more damage then good, a fart in a box and it will bring down the performance of your speakers.

The cheapest worthy sub I know of is the BK Gemini at £215, you may find an older one used for about £100 but to be honest I don’t see them come up often.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
bluedroog said:
My advice would be to wait till you can up your budget or not bother, for £50 even on the used market you’ll being doing more damage then good, a fart in a box and it will bring down the performance of your speakers.

The cheapest worthy sub I know of is the BK Gemini at £215, you may find an older one used for about £100 but to be honest I don’t see them come up often.

+1.

In Spades........*yes3*

davedotco said:
bluedroog said:

+1.

In Spades........*yes3*

+2.

I am not sure what size your bedroom is but if you don't feel you are getting enough bass from your Q Acoustics 2010i's then do not waste money on a cheap sub-woofer. This would be one way of totally messing up the sound these good little speakers can produce. Try repositioning your speakers and save your money to either a) buy a quality sub-woofer or b) replace your 2010i's with some larger boxes.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
First off make sure it is active rather than passive, many cheaper subs are passive, avoid.

Subs more than most components also can be bought off specs, in my opinion subs really start at 12" but at your budget 10" driver is where you'll most liley be looking, decent power is a much for a sub, 150w and up and also crucial is a well made and braced cabinet with intergrity.

To sum it up just get the BK Gemini, or if you can stretch to it the BK XLS200.

Seriously, for the money nothing touches them. http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/sub_woofers.htm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts