Budget amplifier for music and movies

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hallo everybody, I am a new user from Italy. Sorry if my English is not perfect.

I'm looking for a new 2ch. amplifier for music, but sometimes I would use it connected to my dvd player to watch movies.

I suppose that with a 300/400 euro budget is easier to find a stereo amplifier good for movies, than an AV receiver good enough for music!

Wich qualities a 2 ch. amplifier must have to to be suitable both to music and movies?

And which is the best choice for this kind of use between Cambridge Audio 340 or 540, NAD C325 and HK 980?

My speakers are Focal 706v.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

With 400 Euros you should easily be able to afford an audiolab 8000S... but having read a review of those speakers I think you'd be better off spending a bit more euro on an 8000C + 8000P combo second hand. Those two used to be in the what hifi reference kit (what is now btw?) and second hand will probably cost you 400-600 pounds sterling depending on your luck.

The other advantage of going with those two is that you have a pre/power combo that can be biwired, upgraded for bi-amping (add another 8000P no probs) and on top of that, there is pretty much no speaker on earth that the 8000P would not be capable of driving with little effort. You can damn near short the output terminals on these things without them blowing (do NOT try that;).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts