Bristol Sound and Vision Show

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Audio T have a room where they sell off cheap stuff like open box and end of line products. You can also buy anything Audio T sell as they run the show.

I should be there on Friday, Saturday and possibly on Sunday too. I'll mainly be in the Hegel Music Systems and AV Tech/JL Audio rooms. Please pop in and say hello or call me on my mobile and time permitting if you want we can have a chat over a drink (on me).

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I am going on Friday, sharing a car with some fellow enthusiasts, but we then all go our separate ways to seek out particular interests.

My main focus this year will be floorstanding speakers between £1500 and £2500.

Oh - and I might see what speakers Hegel use this year - 2 years ago the Kef LS50's sounded really good, last year with the Reference 1's it was like being in a operating theatre - very clinical!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'll be attending all three days - just wandering around and taking in anything and everything. Maybe looking for some new toys. As I have done in the past, I'll be available for a chat if anyone wants to meet up :)

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
davidf said:
I'll be attending all three days - just wandering around and taking in anything and everything. Maybe looking for some new toys. As I have done in the past, I'll be available for a chat if anyone wants to meet up :)

So, how will we know you? Maybe a rose in the lapel? *biggrin*

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
Freddy58 said:
Do they normally have vinyl sales?

I have in previous shows seen some vinyl sellers.

Ta
thumbs_up.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
davidf said:

So, how will we know you? Maybe a rose in the lapel? *biggrin*
Oh, you'll know.... :)

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
I'm hoping to attend on Sunday, but as I'm flying back from Bangkok on Saturday, I might be too knackered to drive from South Cheshire....

Now that's dedication, I live 3 miles from the venue and still can't decide if I can be bothered to go lol

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I have just come back from Friday show. Very interesting but the speaker which made an impression on me was the Scansonic M-6 (from Decent Audio rm 318 3rd Floor). Its a Compact 2.5 slim floorstander made by people who also produce Raidho speakers. At the time I was there the music was full blown blues. What I immediately noticed was the deep down pricise yet full bass to gether with lovely treble (1+ for the tweeter) and to my astonishment the price of the speaker was shy of £1200..! With that particular music the slim speakers certainly did not require a subwoofer and it certainly embraced the verve of the music. Unfortunately the person demonstrating only had band orientated music so I could not hear other sonic aspects (eg Orchestra, dynamics, various midranges, etc). But I feel excited just thinking about the speaker which must be a good thing!

Warning any one going to the show by car for Sat & Sunday avoid the M32 going into Bristol ( It will try your patience)

I went today too, and will post some observations another time. However, though the M32 was dreadful this morning, I understood it was due to some city centre road closures caused by storm Doris damaging some buldings. Saturday and Sunday should be fine, therefore!

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
If anyone gets stuck on the M32, come of at J3 take 1st left at the roundabout onto Easton Way, immediately get into the right lane and take the right filter lane onto Stapleton Rd. After 1/4 mile you'll get to one way system where you need to filter right onto Old Market towards the centre and Temple Meads, after a mile you'll arrive at a roundabout that is literally 100 yards from the Marriot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts