Bristol Sound and Vision Show

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
You can find Kristina Train on Spotify unfortunately only the Dark Black Album her first album Spilt Milk is not available to stream.

I like the sound of kristina train very nice....also if you want to listen to a fine sounding album check out Jeff Buckley's "my sweetheart the drunk first disc..not the demo stuff,it's my goto album when ever I get any kind of change or upgrade to my system..what a voice this guy had.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Just listened to Jeff Buckley on Spotify, you are right he has a really good voice. I just bought My Sweetheart the Drunk on Music Magpie for £1.49 it's an absolute bargain. Thanks for the tip Mark, it's great to find new music.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
AntAxon said:
Just listened to Jeff Buckley on Spotify, you are right he has a really good voice. I just bought My Sweetheart the Drunk on Music Magpie for £1.49 it's an absolute bargain. Thanks for the tip Mark, it's great to find new music.

His dad wasn't too shabby either
regular_smile.gif

Listen to Dolphins on Spotify, or alternatively watch old Tim sing it live on TOGWT from 1974..

https://youtu.be/LtU-9EMSYu0

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
*Shameless Plug Alert*

I've been writing up my findings from the Sound & Vision on my blog: Dynamic Headroom. Still got a few brands to get through so will be updating it into early next week.

My favourite room was Naim's Uniti Nova with Focal Sopra No.2 speakers.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Unfortunately I couldn't go again this year.

Just watched a Youtube video of the Wilson Benesch Room ... . Apart from the usual 'plinky plonky' stuff (and I am a Jazz fan, just not that kind of jazz) they chose Chris Rea.

Now I can honestly say I have never heard a well recorded Chris Rea record ... . Perhaps someone can correct me.
On the Beach is well recorded.

Although I would admit that Rea isn't my favourite male vocalist of all time.

nopiano said:
Rick, in the demo I attended on .Friday they mentioned the customs issue. I thought then that you might have been the place that bailed them out! Not surprised you won the award!

The shock for me wasn't the very good sound - as I'd been earlier to hear the 360 with the Harbeth anniversary SL5s - but that the £4000 Hegel DAC was noticeably superior to the one in the Rost, while played through the Rost itself!

Hi nopiano

It was touch and go. Hegel got me just in time as I was putting my coat on and getting ready to leave the store.

I think the HD30 is sublime which I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to over the last eighteen months.

Btw, thanks. A huge amount of work has been put in over the last two and a half years.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts