Bring on the Apex..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well after numerous discussions and trade offs with the Mrs I have finally won the approval for 2 x A10's & 1 x A40, I will get them ordered in the morning for collection Friday. Yay! The trade off, well instead of my RXFX or A10s at the rear of the room, she would like something more subtle (due to the room layout), so it's either 4 x R45HDs or 4 off min20's. So off I go in the morning to listen to those in isolation to see if they are up to task. For those interested the KEF T series (301s tested) where very good, great top end detail, and certainly a match for the 3005SE, but they are no Apex, the mid range lacked a little authority, and sounded a little hollow IMO, but they looked good. And although my RXV1067 won't bring the best out of the Apex, they certainly sounded much better than the R250HDs do (demo was on a RXV1067).

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice one markjaspi,

I use the R90HD's as rears so reckon the R45HD's should be fine. Just a thought could you get away with using the R250HD's as rears or would she kill you?!!!!

A

Anonymous

I have sold the R250HDs on a well known site, but yes she would not be happy, she doesn't mind having reasonable sized style speakers on the main wall, but the back end of the room opens up in to a semi open plan layout with stairs and the kitchen. She thinks anything too noticeable will spoil the aesthetics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts