Bluetooth Range Extender

Witterings

Is there such a thing as a bluetooth range extender that works the same way as a WiFi range extender, I know there are bluetooth transmitters but I've never seen a range extender.?

My neighbour has a node and would like to be able to listen with bluetooth headphones in the garden but it's beyond it's range, I did suggest alternatively using a long lead out of the headphone socket into a bluetooth transmitter placed closer to where he sits.

If anybody knows of anything and of so can recommend a product would be much appreciated

Witterings

I did much the same as you have before I started the thread, if you look at them in detail I think you'll find they BT transmitters NOT extenders in the true sense i.e. taking an existing BT signal and bouncing it further out like a WiFi extender does.

Their justification for calling the "extenders" may be older BT 4 has a much sohrter range than BT 5 so personally so if you have an old system with BT4 you could theoretically use one of these to "extend" your range however I find it a very "loose" use of the word extender.
I have the Anentree Oasis Plus which is superior to the one they listed with more functionality and it doesn't do what I'm asking about.

Reactions: Al ears

Vincent Kars

They are not extenders indeed, they are simply long range senders so more powerful radio's.

A solution I use
The distance between my PC and the balcony is to big for a proper reception.
I do have WiFi reception on the balcony
I use Foobar Mobile on my phone.
Using UPnP, it can play anything on my router (also a UPnP server).
Connect my Bluetooth headphone to the phone and I have my audio on the balcony.

Witterings

They are not extenders indeed, they are simply long range senders so more powerful radio's.

A solution I use
The distance between my PC and the balcony is to big for a proper reception.
I do have WiFi reception on the balcony
I use Foobar Mobile on my phone.
Using UPnP, it can play anything on my router (also a UPnP server).
Connect my Bluetooth headphone to the phone and I have my audio on the balcony.

Thank you, I'll take a look at that!!

Range is certainly the biggest restriction for BT.

Witterings

Witterings have you find any of the best!!

Hi, the only ones I found were the Bluetooth 5 ones that have a btter range than the previous versions of Bluetooth.
In the end I lent the neighbour a 10m optical cable and a BT Transmitter I had spare which he plugged into the optical out on the Node and was able to get it much closer to his listening position than the Node itself so it worked for him.

Hope that's of some help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts