Bluetooth Range Extender

Witterings

Sep 17, 2020
Is there such a thing as a bluetooth range extender that works the same way as a WiFi range extender, I know there are bluetooth transmitters but I've never seen a range extender.?

My neighbour has a node and would like to be able to listen with bluetooth headphones in the garden but it's beyond it's range, I did suggest alternatively using a long lead out of the headphone socket into a bluetooth transmitter placed closer to where he sits.

If anybody knows of anything and of so can recommend a product would be much appreciated

Witterings

Sep 17, 2020
I did much the same as you have before I started the thread, if you look at them in detail I think you'll find they BT transmitters NOT extenders in the true sense i.e. taking an existing BT signal and bouncing it further out like a WiFi extender does.

Their justification for calling the "extenders" may be older BT 4 has a much sohrter range than BT 5 so personally so if you have an old system with BT4 you could theoretically use one of these to "extend" your range however I find it a very "loose" use of the word extender.
I have the Anentree Oasis Plus which is superior to the one they listed with more functionality and it doesn't do what I'm asking about.

Reactions: Al ears

Vincent Kars

Mar 6, 2021
They are not extenders indeed, they are simply long range senders so more powerful radio's.

A solution I use
The distance between my PC and the balcony is to big for a proper reception.
I do have WiFi reception on the balcony
I use Foobar Mobile on my phone.
Using UPnP, it can play anything on my router (also a UPnP server).
Connect my Bluetooth headphone to the phone and I have my audio on the balcony.

Witterings

Sep 17, 2020
They are not extenders indeed, they are simply long range senders so more powerful radio's.

A solution I use
The distance between my PC and the balcony is to big for a proper reception.
I do have WiFi reception on the balcony
I use Foobar Mobile on my phone.
Using UPnP, it can play anything on my router (also a UPnP server).
Connect my Bluetooth headphone to the phone and I have my audio on the balcony.
Thank you, I'll take a look at that!!

Range is certainly the biggest restriction for BT.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS