Bluesound Vault failures

andyrowe

May 12, 2022
Visit site
I bought a Vault 1 about ten years ago - it failed and I was offered a Vault 2 at reduced price to replace since the issue was an acknowledged problem. The replacement was in 2017, last month the Vault 2 failed - it is stuck in an update. Bluesound support cannot fix the problem and now are offering my a Vault 2 reconditioned at 50%. Anyone else have similar experiences? Why would I invest another $800 in a reconditioned unit (ie is has failed already) and a product that has failed twice?
Suggestion - similar experiences?
Andy

I’ve no experience of music stored on a hard disc device, beyond a laptop which I rarely use. With streaming so popular there are not many alternatives with storage, but Naim and Innuos are the main contenders I’m aware of. Otherwise, a regular streamer with a separate NAS which you can arrange with backup, so you aren’t faced with losing everything.

Last edited:

jjbomber

I’ve no experience of music stored on a hard disc device, beyond a laptop which I rarely use. With streaming so popular there are many alternatives, but Naim and Innuos are the main contenders I’m aware of. Otherwise, a regular streamer with a separate NAS which you can arrange with backup, so you aren’t faced with losing everything.
I've got a 10-year old Naim UnitiServe. Still working well. The odd disc has to be inserted 2 or 3 times, but a great product. A regular streamer with NAS may require a CD ripper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts