Blueray Sony BDP-S760

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I picked one up and found that it has a lip sync problem. i got a second one and the same thing is happening

My PS3 80 gig doesn't have this problem. Did I set it up wrong? can Those that have it let me know if they are experiencing the same thing.

What test discs do you use to test this? I used Wolverine (Chapter 8 when they are talking in the truck) and Reservoir Dogs on Blueray

my TV is a Pioneer 720P

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
As a favour to you. I'll swap you your 760 for my 350 which has no lip sync problems.
emotion-4.gif

It's a selfless act I know, but I'm that kind of guy.
emotion-5.gif

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Nice try
emotion-2.gif

FYI and others, in the 760 you can ajust the lipsync. I was doing this but it wouldn't help. I then changed the setting in the options AV audio from sharp to slow and it is now in sync.

(Don't tell anyone but I cried like a baby when I got it to work. This is a great player coming from a PS3) The sound quality is very noticeable better. and the video actually looks more dimensional and detailed )

I haven't tried the Oppo so I can't compare them for any one.

A

Anonymous

Nurse Lucy:

Where did you pick it up ? Local Sony Centre advised today that not yet released

I'm envious

Just what you would expect from a Sony centre, what do they know about Hi Fi ,AV anyway

A

Anonymous

I have a PS3 thinking about upgrading to the BDP760 will it be a big improvement

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Nurse Lucy:
Where did you pick it up ? Local Sony Centre advised today that not yet released

I'm envious

Well, noticed it was on display and for sale in my local Sony Centre today, at £399. Richer Sounds have them in, and will price match any online dealer (if its in stock), so you should be able to acquire one for around £350.

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Boca:
Nice try
emotion-2.gif

FYI and others, in the 760 you can ajust the lipsync. I was doing this but it wouldn't help. I then changed the setting in the options AV audio from sharp to slow and it is now in sync.

(Don't tell anyone but I cried like a baby when I got it to work. This is a great player coming from a PS3) The sound quality is very noticeable better. and the video actually looks more dimensional and detailed )

I haven't tried the Oppo so I can't compare them for any one.

The lips on mine have been synched from the off with no fiddling, so may just be a one off.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Si22:I have a PS3 thinking about upgrading to the BDP760 will it be a big improvement

Depending on the rest of your system, most certainly (for sound and vision).

GW93

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Nurse Lucy:

I'm envious

I got mine from Sevenoaks website 2 weeks ago for £350. It was delivered within 48 hours of ordering - spot on service.

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
The sound out of it was the biggest improvement, I just tried my PS3 as a comparison again and It is a good step up.

Video it seems the details in the dark clothing is better. what is weird is images look more 3D looking if I am saying it right.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
GW93:Nurse Lucy: Where did you pick it up ? Local Sony Centre advised today that not yet released

I'm envious

I got mine from Sevenoaks website 2 weeks ago for £350. It was delivered within 48 hours of ordering - spot on service.

That's very strange, I went into my local Sony Centre TODAY and asked when they'd have the 760, the guy looked it up on their Sony intranet and said "Sony haven't got a release date yet". So how have everyone else got them and Sony's own outlets haven't?

Incidentally, the Sony Centre also had a BDP-S363 anyone know the difference between that and the 360 or is it just another Samsung Currys special affair?

D

Deleted member 2457

Sounds as useless as my local sony shop.

Never have seen £1,000 sony in there.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
according to this it's got a backlit remote and doesn't output decoded DTS Master Audio. But Clare noticed a few discrepancies in Sony's claimed abilities and the actuality, so don't take this as gospel.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel:
Sounds as useless as my local sony shop.

Never have seen £1,000 sony in there.

Perhaps, but more to the point, www.sony.co.uk DOESN'T list the BDP-S760 either! So it would seem that, as far as Sony are concerned, the 760 is NOT available in the UK?

Sony UK are still listing the BDP-S550, which I happened to notice my local John Lewis are still selling for £199, this would make an ideal stop gap BDP player for me until I upgrade my amp, at which point I'll get the matching Pioneer BDP. One question, does this decode DTS-HDMA out of the box or does it require a firmware upgrade to do so? The machine on the shelf in the shop DOESN'T list DTS HD-MA as being supported, although the website does.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:according to this it's got a backlit remote and doesn't output decoded DTS Master Audio. But Clare noticed a few discrepancies in Sony's claimed abilities and the actuality, so don't take this as gospel.

Freaky, why would Sony saddle their own shops with a crippled player?

A

Anonymous

I bought a BDP-S760 as I couldn't wait any longer for Oppo to get their act together, which now appears to have been totally the right choice.

I can confirm the BDP-S760 definitely does handle/output DTS-MA and all other codecs as you would expect. To be honest it does it all far better than I expected and is a significant improvement on using my PS3 for blu-ray playback, both visually and audibly.

I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone looking for a very good blu-ray and DVD player at this price. Well, actually I got mine at £300, which makes it all the more a steal !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:according to this it's got a backlit remote and doesn't output decoded DTS Master Audio. But Clare noticed a few discrepancies in Sony's claimed abilities and the actuality, so don't take this as gospel.

I think the fact that comparison page you linked to shows a non-existent BDP-363 may give you a clue regarding its accuracy...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

I think the fact that comparison page you linked to shows a non-existent BDP-363 may give you a clue regarding its accuracy...

It isn't non-existant Andrew, I saw it with my own eyes in the Sony Centre Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, it actually says BDP-S363 on the front of the player!

A

Anonymous

I've noticed there are a few of these 363 versions sold as new on that well known auction site
emotion-5.gif
Most of the sellers are listing them as "unwanted in a bundle with a TV" Sony must be doing a few deals on packages. A backlight remote so you don't have to switch on the light to use it seems a strange upgrade....If you can call it an upgrade!
emotion-7.gif

GW93

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
the_lhc:GW93:Nurse Lucy: Where did you pick it up ? Local Sony Centre advised today that not yet released

I'm envious

That's very strange, I went into my local Sony Centre TODAY and asked when they'd have the 760, the guy looked it up on their Sony intranet and said "Sony haven't got a release date yet". So how have everyone else got them and Sony's own outlets haven't?

Incidentally, the Sony Centre also had a BDP-S363 anyone know the difference between that and the 360 or is it just another Samsung Currys special affair?

For what it's worth, the Sony Centre in Glasgow got their supply in 2 weeks ago tomorrow (14th) and the price was £400. The sales person was well chuffed that they had a top component. He obviously had a good feeling about the awards announcement the following week-end. He said they had plenty but, expected them to go quite fast.

I had upgraded most of my system at the same time, except the speakers (next years treat), have it with a Denon 1910 and although I've not yet found all the best settings/fine-tuning, the quality is amazing. My young brother has blue ray via PS3 and he was jaw-dropped at the difference. He has more av knowledge than I so, I feel quite smug just now!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts