Sony BDP-A6000. no 3D through amp.

sgowing

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have just bought a Spny BDP-A6000 to replace my Sony PS3. connected new player through the existing HDMI cable from the PS3. It updated to the latest firmware on start up and all apeared well until I tried to play a 3D movie, getting a message that it needed to be connected to a 3D tv to display 3D content. I re connected PS3 to same cable 3D worked fine, Connected a6000 direct to Tv and 3D worked fine, reconnected to Av amp and no 3D..

Sony support say that as it outputs 3D direct to tv there is no problem with the player and could offer no further support,. I cannot find any settings in either the player or amp that might be causing the problem,

Richer sounds say they think the player may be faulty and are happy to exchange or swap for an alternative but this involves an 80 mile round trip! :doh:

can anyone help?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Having looked at the back of the Blu-ray player on Richer Sounds website, I believe the player has 2 HDMI outputs one for audio & another for video.

That being the case send the audio from HDMI 2 to the amp & the video directly to the tv from HDMI 1 this would or should prove if it is working correctly or not. You may need to go in to the menu on the player to confirm actions & make alterations for the signal paths. The downside is you will need another HDMI lead, BUT cheaper than an 80 mile round trip i think.

Regards ...

sgowing

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply , agreed I could seperate audio from video which I know works but one of the main reasons I upgraded to adedicated AV amp was to reduce the number of cables run up the wall to the Tv.

I think PS3 is able to pass 3D via a lower spec HDMI cable, but not a standalone blu ray player. Try a high speed HDMI cable.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed the cable works when connected directly. I think you should try high speed HDMI cable from PS3 to amp & from amp to TV.

sgowing

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I have replaced both cables and tried bothe existing connected direct to Tv , no change,looks like a trip back to Richer sounds this afternoon. :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts