Blu-Ray Player with Sony DAV-IS10

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Home Cinema Experts,

I know nothing about home cinema so I hope someone can shed some light on this please. My friend wants to get a Blu-Ray player but does not wish to get a separates system with a separate AV amp and speakers. Insteadh He would like to hook up the Blu-Ray player to his existing system. My questions :

1. Is this possible?

2. Will the Blu-Ray picture run straight to the TV and by-pass the dvd player?

3. What happens to sound? Will he benefit from all of the sound benefits from a Blu-Ray player that supports all of the sound modes?

4. Any other considerations / advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
1. Yes, this is possible,
2. Yup, hook the Blu-Ray player to the TV via HDMI and the Sony DAV-IS10 via optical.
3. No, he'll get the core Dolby Digital / DTS soundtracks from any Dolby TrueHD / DTS HD Master Audio tracks as optical doesn't have the bandwidth to carry the HD audio.
4. Not really, unless your friend is set on getting HD audio, in which case he'll need to upgrade his Sony DAV-IS10 to something which can accept HD audio via the HDMI socket and decode it. Or get a player which can decode all formats onboard and has multichannel outputs and an amp with multichannel inputs. If he's upgrading though, it makes sense to go down the HDMI route.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts