Blu Ray Playback

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have got PS3 and a Sony 20" HD Ready TV which are connected via HDMI.

I bought The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray; while watching it I noticed that the playback was in widescreen (black bars at top and bottom) during most of the parts and in some parts the playback will go into fullscreen.

Is there something wrong with my equipment or the actual Blu-Ray?

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ad_no1:
Hi

I have got PS3 and a Sony 20" HD Ready TV which are connected via HDMI.

I bought The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray; while watching it I noticed that the playback was in widescreen (black bars at top and bottom) during most of the parts and in some parts the playback will go into fullscreen.

Is there something wrong with my equipment or the actual Blu-Ray?

Thanks

Nothing wrong with your equipment - this is just how the film was shot.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

It does seem odd that the film would be shot like this.

Is there anybody here getting the same playback?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, it's the switch between the scenes filmed in IMAX and then standard 35mm. The entire bank job (or Prologue) was filmed in IMAX to give the film a massive visual impact from the offset. Once they'd done this and seen how successful it was, they then filmed virtually all the aerial scenes in this format. It's a technical nightmare to do and very expensive compared to standard 35mm filming, hence its use was limited, but it's ground breaking for it to be used in an action film in this way and those IMAX scenes are stunning. I can see it taking off for future films now it's been pioneered in this way.
Have a look at the features on the disc - they explain it all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts