Marantz Nr1200 Amp / Speaker upgrade

Delrtm

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Hello folks

Currently using a Sony DA1200es / Rega RP1 / Marantz PM6006UK /Cocktail Audio X30 /PS3/Acoustic Energy Aegos Neo 1

Realise that the Sony Amp and speakers are getting on but I've enjoyed the sound through the Sony (connected to TV via HDMI) Currently not taking advantage of the 7.1, only stereo and enjoy the sound of CD and LP when switched to Pure Direct mode.

Toying with finally going for a change and getting Marantz 1200 /Dali Spektor 1s/ Smart 4K blu ray player. Question is - would I see a notable improvement in music playback, that still allows me to connect everything via HDMI to watch / stream 4k etc

Feedback welcome 👍

TonyB

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
I think the NR1200 and Dali is a good match.

I own the NR1200 and during my research I auditioned it with both the Oberon 5 and Opticon 5. Both sounded great but I actually found the Oberon 5 to be better sounding, even though it's a lot cheaper. I guess it's all in the matching. If possible, I'd recommend stretching to the Oberon range eg. Oberon 1 or 3 if you want bookshelves.

In case you were wondering, I ended up staying with Danish speakers but bought some second hand Dynaudio actives as I became interested in actives rather than passives, so I'm now using the NR1200 as a DAC/preamp and streamer, which it does very well.

Reactions: Delrtm

TRENDING THREADS