Blu-Ray freeze

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Films hired from 'Love Film' sometimes freeze. Can this be resolved by using a 'Skipdoctor' device from Amazon? It mentions CD's and DVD's but not Blu-Ray discs. I've sent them back in the past and they've sent a replacement which is perfectly ok. It's just very frustrating to have a film interrupted half way through or at a particular chapter and then not be able to finish watching until several days later! The player I'm using is a Pioneer LX71.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i don't know who the other ppl are that rent movies from lovefilm but they need lessons on how to handle discs - nearly everyone i get has greasy figure prints all over the playing surface - i clean every disc with a duster before even putting them anywhere near my player!

A

Anonymous

Why they call it 'Lovefilm' is beyond me as when a dvd/blu-ray arrives as described above - this has happened to me - smudged and scratched to bu**ery the last thing you are going to be able to do is love the films you are trying to watch :)

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
If they work on DVD's they will work on Blu Rays - the problem is dirt and scratches obscuring or otherwise affecting the beam. BluRays are much more susceptible to this than DVDs presumably because the laser is much finer and the data pits on the disc smaller. I've cleaned some sufficiently to solve the problem with lens cleaner and a glasses cloth but others that look fine have refused to play.

LoveFilm don't help by packing their discs in a way that makes it very difficult not to touch the disc surface but this saves them masses in postage costs.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:i don't know who the other ppl are that rent movies from lovefilm but they need lessons on how to handle discs - nearly everyone i get has greasy figure prints all over the playing surface - i clean every disc with a duster before even putting them anywhere near my player!

I agree completely. They obviously don't check the discs before sending them out (or the person doing it is eating chips at the same time).

Having said that, they always send another copy out without quibble. Still a pain when you got halfway through the film and then couldn't finish it though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts