Blu Ray audio - confused

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
gel said:
gel said:
A bit more on it here: http://referencehometheater.com/review/pure-audio-blu-ray-rolling-stones-grrr/

In this review it states that there are three different soundtracks they all can't be 2.0 surely?

Well it does say "Each track is identical in content and should sound the same."

So they will all be the same ie 2.0.

Depnding on your receiver settings it may be able to play it through your all 5.1 system speakers but it will still be 2.0

Anyway I don't see the point of making 2.0 or mono into fake 5.1 from the reviews I have read they sound dreadful.

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
BigH, spot on re all 2.0, and I can play it as 5.1 through the amp but it's just not the same as either sacd nor 5.1 high def video (music).currently watching/listening to the killers at the Albert hall in 5.1 dts-hd, quality.

D

Deleted member 2457

Why have three soundtracks if they all sound the same? I don't get it.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

They probably won't sound the same - it's to be hoped that the higher-resolution versions will sound better, given equipment able to play them. However, they will all be in stereo.

D

Deleted member 2457

lxd55 said:
BigH, spot on re all 2.0, and I can play it as 5.1 through the amp but it's just not the same as either sacd nor 5.1 high def video (music).currently watching/listening to the killers at the Albert hall in 5.1 dts-hd, quality.

I have recently bought Freddie Mercury's tribute concert and that is in 5.1 master audio higher resolution - sounds amazing too. First one I have that is higher resolution.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

They probably won't sound the same - it's to be hoped that the higher-resolution versions will sound better, given equipment able to play them. However, they will all be in stereo.

Cheers.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
gel said:

Well probably won't sound exactly the same depends on your system etc.

Anyway saw this about BD: " Because the BD specification mandates that players must support Dolby Digital, DTS and Linear PCM."

Thats the reason.

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gel,

you swung me, just placed my order on Amazon for the Freddie concert, was checking the line ups, gnr & Metallica :cheers:

not seen it since it was on the box years ago.

nice one

D

Deleted member 2457

lxd55 said:
Hi Gel,

you swung me, just placed my order on Amazon for the Freddie concert, was checking the line ups, gnr & Metallica :cheers:

not seen it since it was on the box years ago.

nice one

It is really fantastic - let us know what you think to it. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

BigH said:
gel said:

Well probably won't sound exactly the same depends on your system etc.

Anyway saw this about BD: " Because the BD specification mandates that players must support Dolby Digital, DTS and Linear PCM."

Thats the reason.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

lxd55 said:
Hey Gel,

guess what got delivered today :)

currently giving it a blast :rockout:

Nice one! Make sure you select master audio on the soundtracks. How rocking is that then? Try the Metallica and Guns N Roses ones and tell me what you think? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts