BLOWN MY BUDGET,NOW WHAT?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
AFTER SPENDING MANY HAPPY HOURS WITH MY OLD SONY WEGA 36 CRT TV (YAMAHA 5.1AMP,PIONEER DVD) I DECIDED NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE BLU RAY UPGRADE.ARMED WITH A BUDGET OF £1500 I FIGURED PLASMA,BLU RAY PLYER AND AMP. THEN I DISCOVERD PANASONIC TH50PZ80 AND COULDN'T RESIST,THEN CAME SONY BDP S350,A COUPLE OF GOOD CABLES AND MY BUDGET IS GONE. MY QUESTION....UNTIL MY BUDGET ALLOWS A NEW AMP CAN I USE THE DIGITAL OUTPUT OF THE SONY TO MY OLD YAMAHA DSP A595 AND STILL GET HD SOUND?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You can't get HD sound but you will be able to get standard Dolby Digital / DTS "core" mixes of any HD soundtracks. Basically, you won't be getting any worse than you have with your existing DVD setup and, in some cases, the core mixes on Blu-Ray are actually a higher bandwidth than standard Dolby Digital / DTS soundtracks on DVDs so you may even notice a slight improvement.
Of course the sooner you can get an amp which can handle the hi-def sounds and get proper HD audio, then you'll really notice the difference.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that.its 5.30am of to work early got to get that new amp,any suggestions

A

Anonymous

I don't understand people with the caps thing. Are they looking to get attention from moderators? Do they use caps all the time? Do they write letters in caps? Why the caps? A sincere question.

A

Anonymous

Or they didn't realise until they'd written half the post and, due to lack of typing skill, they couldn't be bothered to re-type the post ?

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:It's for the attention.

I don't think that was the case this time as the orig post was all upper case and then it was corrected for the secomd post. Pro forgot after the title. I am pants at typing too so I know how it feels to get so far and look up and think ' Nah thats staying as I'm not spending another 10 mins writing that again'

Anyway, Octopo gets very grumpy into the wee hours - last weekend he picked on a 14 year old and scared him to death.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

If you must know when I posted my first question I was using my old pc in my workshop,the caps lock button has long since departed and consequently always on caps ok. Back to the serious stuff £300-£400 on A new amp, needs HDMI inputs for sky hd,blu ray etc,

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
sjared10:If you must know when I posted my first question I was using my old pc in my workshop,the caps lock button has long since departed and consequently always on caps ok. Back to the serious stuff £300-£400 on A new amp, needs HDMI inputs for sky hd,blu ray etc,

That budget sounds like Onkyo 606.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts