TV Has finally died... Hooray !!!

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Evening all !

It's been quite a while since I've been on so hello to everyone new and old.

Now then, Got home yesterday and our 10 year old plus Sony has finally given up the ghost.

She's been a good old ship and at an initial purchase price of £700 ( I think ) she doesn't really owe us anything.

KDL 40-V 3000 If you're wondering.

So, I'm quite capable of choosing our next TV by myself but I thought it might be fun to ask around and see what you all think ?

Paremeters.

Firstly, All of my AV equipment has been Sony since as far back as I can remember ( with the exception of a Denon DM 37 in the bedroom ) so I'd really like a Sony TV

Second. Last TV was a 40" but would consider a 52" to be too big. Somewhere in betwen ?

Third. Overall quality is very important. Picture and build quality.

Fourth. Not overly bothered about gimmicks like 3D etc

Finally. Budget. I'm fairly flexible here for the right set.

I don't expect to spend less than £700 but would like to keep it under a grand.

If it helps the set will be used with Virgin TV and a Blu-ray player + Netflix so needs to be good with standard but about 50% of its use will be HD.

Off you go then !
regular_smile.png

Thanks in advance

Cliff

jjbomber

cliffster said:
Firstly, All of my AV equipment has been Sony since as far back as I can remember ( with the exception of a Denon DM 37 in the bedroom ) so I'd really like a Sony TV

Second. Last TV was a 40" but would consider a 52" to be too big. Somewhere in betwen ?

Third. Overall quality is very important. Picture and build quality.

Fourth. Not overly bothered about gimmicks like 3D etc

Finally. Budget. I'm fairly flexible here for the right set.

I don't expect to spend less than £700 but would like to keep it under a grand.

If it helps the set will be used with Virgin TV and a Blu-ray player + Netflix so needs to be good with standard but about 50% of its use will be HD.

Cliff

Wasn't sure what standard Netflix you wanted, but gere's a starter for ten, of £728 to be exact.

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/sony-kd49xe8004.html

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi jj

Had a quick look around last night and came to the same conclusion.

43" should fit the bill

Reviews from purchasers seem consistently good, has anyone on here got one ?

Cheers

Cliff

PaulX101

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, not too put a dampner on your purchase, but what's the software like, Android i believe. Its just that I am looking to purchase a new TV once I get rid of the Samsung, only the engineers that took it away for repair, didnt have much praise for the newer Sony TVs, sighting the software as slow & unresponsive.

I do not want to make another wrong purchase, so would be interested in Sony owners opinions on this.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
PaulX101 said:
Hi, not too put a dampner on your purchase, but what's the software like, Android i believe. Its just that I am looking to purchase a new TV once I get rid of the Samsung, only the engineers that took it away for repair, didnt have much praise for the newer Sony TVs, sighting the software as slow & unresponsive.

I do not want to make another wrong purchase, so would be interested in Sony owners opinions on this.
it's ok not had any issues with the software sometimes the Android can get a bit of a lag sometimes but works ok and Sony regularly update there software .

And to be honest if I could of brought the Tv without it being a smart Tv I would of been happy with that as I am not that bothered about the smart bit my Sony is last years model so it's not a 2017 model I personally feel that all Tv manufacturing companies do it just so you keep buying a new Tv as it's not really a computer just an app based Tv but they are trying to make them like a computer .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts