Black speaker cable?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was going to fit QED silver XT on my B&W MT30 fronts. But... they are gloss black speakers on a high gloss black Alphason Ambri cabinet, with a glossy black TV. So.... I'm in the market for some black speaker cable of comparable quality!

A

Anonymous

I would either stick with the qed or get the new chord one and conceal it in rounded black trunking or tubing as you may call it. Cheap and easy way with no compromise on quality.

A

Anonymous

QED is white, and I can't hide 3 speakers worth of tubing on top of my cabinet... the wires will be 40 cm apart, and run accross the top of the cabinet to my speakers. They will show up like wee in snow! Black would melt into the surface and not spoil the effect...

A

Anonymous

This is getting surreal! As my question states, I have B&W M1 speakers, which are not bi wire. They struggle to fit normal wire in! And, I'm not going to heat shrink 3 lots of cable. I just want black cable. Simple. Is there any normal, black, speaker cable on a par for quality with QED silver an. XT??? I do appreciate the help, but no one has yet answered my question!

A

Anonymous

There are some out there but I don't think on the same quality level, best have a look at the Van Damme choice suggested above. Or you could paint the cables, or run them under the carpet lol.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
You might find something like this (http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/subcategory.asp?id=37) if you put "black speaker cable" into your search engine.

A

Anonymous

Take a chill pill SAP7, some folks have taken the time and given you suggestions,and all you've done is shot 'em down in flames, are we all supposed to know your speakers cannot be bi wired? You then dismiss the heat shrink idea.

How about black electrical tape wrapped around the speaker wire...or maybe spray painting the wire with black paint.

Sorry friend but your attitude leaves a little to be desired, when all people have tried to do is help you with your problem...
emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

I did thank everyone for their help.... I was just frustrated that the help wasn't really answering my question. Lets just say it was my fault for not articulating it well enough? But, replies like "check google" are just as rude as you imply I am. I can perfectly well search for black speaker cable, but what I was asking (thinking maybe some experienced hifi tradesperson may read this) was: IS there any BLACK cable which is of COMPARABLE quality to the QED I mentioned. This is appreciating that readers may have experience, have heard some, have tested some, or have seen good things said about some. I know where to buy a car (I could search google) but I'd ask for help in deciding which one worked best! I wasn' being rude, I was just trying to save the time of those who where trying to help, but had misunderstood my question. Telling someone my speakers are not for bi wire isn't having a go, it is making sure the next poster does not make an incorrect assumption. Read my post... "thank you is in there!" I have nothing but appreciation for anyone who makes an effort to reply, and helps (even if the post doesn't help me)

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
QED 79-strand will be fine. Black and around £2/m.

[/quote]Is 79 strand ok for the front speakers?, i was going to upgrade to QED SILV ANNI XT but didnt want to mess around hiding all the wire to then take out again to be replaced with the QED, Im currently waitng for my new system to arrive and want to set up as soon as poss so is it worth the wait to get QED or will 79 strand be ok for a while , money is the issue!

A

Anonymous

I got some of that qed 79 strand black wire at home not doing anything and now Andrew mentioned it i remembered what make the person who gave it to me said it was, although I am unsure of the exact lengths I've got spare.

A

Anonymous

PaulTFF.... I only need 3 lots of under 2m for my fronts. Literally the distance between the back of an amp, over the top of an Alphason Ambri cabinet. A length of even 5m would suffice. If you have any spare.... Cheers (I need about 12m to 15m for the rears but this can be any colour as it is under the carpet into stands, so I was going to buy QED micro)

A

Anonymous

You got to get that buy/sell forum up and running. It will attract more people to WHF and help the site to no end. I mean how many times have you had to say that to people, lol.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]You got to get that buy/sell forum up and running. It will attract more people to WHF and help the site to no end. I mean how many times have you had to say that to people, lol.[/quote]

Can't be done with the current forum package. I still hope it'll happen, but it'll be some time down the line...

A

Anonymous

That's the great thing about WHF Forums you can be talking about one thing then who know where the conversation will end up, lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts