Biwiring around corners

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have very recently purchased Cyrus CD8SE, 8vs2 and DAB 8.0 together with B&W 683 speakers. So recently, in fact, that they haven't yet arrived! Anyway, I wanted to biwire the speakers as I reasoned that, having spent over £4K if you include the equipment rack, I wanted it all to sound as good as I could possibly get it. The problem I have is that the speakers will be positioned either side of a fireplace which means that, to get the wire under the carpet to one of the speakers it is going to have to go round two 90degree angles around the hearth. My retailer reckons that the biwire won't lay flat and go round corners and certainly on the cable he showed me, he's absolutely right. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks for any help.

John Duncan

Though tbh I would be more inclined to take any cable you wish either under the floor or channeled through walls - the expense of having it done (unless you just decorated) would actually be fairly small compared to your total expense already.

A

Anonymous

A very good question, the answer to which is ................. I don't know! On the basis that I couldn't biwire I've been sold Chord Rumour 2.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
yellowferrit:A very good question, the answer to which is ................. I don't know! On the basis that I couldn't biwire I've been sold Chord Rumour 2.

Use two short lengths of the same speaker wire to replace the brass bus bars on the speaker terminals.

A

Anonymous

Ok,

90 degree angles are not a problem for any signal carrying wire, especially speaker cable. The only thing holding you back there is whether you can actually physically bend the cable. The things you should really avoid when laying speaker cable (and dealing with excess interconnect length for that matter) is coiling it up. That will create unwanted inductance - but will probably make less of a difference than giving your contacts a good clean.

You should be more worried about extrenal sources of RF interference - for example don't EVER run your hifi cables bunched together with a mainsMMMMM cableMMMMMMMMM.

If your problem is simply that you can't neatly get the cable to go where you want it, either look at different cable or just be creative with your routing method. Don't add 'junctions' with choc block or anything tho.

Always keep paired cables identical in length and brand.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Mr_Poletski:Don't add 'junctions' with choc block or anything tho.

Always keep paired cables identical in length and brand.

"Take cover Mr Mainwaring."

(Grabs hat and hides behind sofa)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts