Bit Of Advice Re AV Amps Please

belker

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
When you connect a DVD/Blu Ray Player to a TV via an A/V amp using HDMI leads is it possible to switch off any upscaling properties the the amp possesses and let the player do its own thing? I haven't got a specific amp in mind as yet but I was wondering wether that option is standard on all amps that upscale or wether I would need to buy an amp that was capable of bypassing that option, or alternatively connect the amp via different cable and just HDMI the player straight to the TV??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
belker:When you connect a DVD/Blu Ray Player to a TV via an A/V amp using HDMI leads is it possible to switch off any upscaling properties the the amp possesses and let the player do its own thing? I haven't got a specific amp in mind as yet but I was wondering wether that option is standard on all amps that upscale or wether I would need to buy an amp that was capable of bypassing that option, or alternatively connect the amp via different cable and just HDMI the player straight to the TV??

First of all, you can't upscale bluray. And yes, you will be able to turn off any upscaling that the receiver might offer and use what's in the player. Remember that unless you splash £1k plus, there are not many, if any receivers that upscale hdmi sources anyway. So, if you were planning on connecting a bluray player to a £500ish receiver using hdmi, you would only get the upscaling with dvds and only with the bluray player. I hope that makes sense.

TRENDING THREADS