Bill Frisell . . . stop and listen!!!

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
TT or no TT, go to Spotify and have a listen to Bill Frisell, 'Nashville', I love it, not so keen on some of the other albums, for me Nashville is a gem:

spotify:track:6hmdbTdHXemFbp0vPJNSz4

Not sure about the link, they dont often work for me.

I have reserched the posibuility of vinyle for the 'Nashville' album, whilst there are some 180grm albums of his work, Nashville is not one of them . . .

Forget its Spotify and enjoy, CJSF*smile*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
TT or no TT, go to Spotify and have a listen to Bill Frisell, 'Nashville', I love it, not so keen on some of the other albums, for me Nashville is a gem:

I have reserched the posibuility of vinyle for the 'Nashville' album, whilst there are some 180grm albums of his work, Nashville is not one of them . . .

I tried, I really did (at least about 20 seconds from each track). I guess C&W and me weren't made for each other.

I am trying out The Ballistic Brothers 'London Hooligan Soul' and loving it so far. Especially 'Portobello Cafe'.

I only came across them by accident (they were on a Hotel Costes compilation I heard the other day).

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
CJSF said:

I tried, I really did (at least about 20 seconds from each track). I guess C&W and me weren't made for each other.

I am trying out The Ballistic Brothers 'London Hooligan Soul' and loving it so far. Especially 'Portobello Cafe'.

I only came across them by accident (they were on a Hotel Costes compilation I heard the other day).

Try, 'Guitar in the space age', Bill Frasell is a renowned jazz guitarist with a very ecclectic tast in music, perhaps why I'm not so keen on some of his other work, I like C&W . . . I'm curently listening too 'Gutar in the space age', a bit to 'rockie' for me but it works well with the volume turned up though, as does Nashville.

CJSF

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
...can be heard to great effect on Eberhard Weber's 'Later That Afternoon' (ECM); he adds tonal colour and plays ethereally beautiful yet propulsive lines that steal the show. It's beautifully recorded too as you'd expect from an ECM release. It's readily available on vinyl. Probably Weber's most cohesive and engaging record.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Jim_W said:
...can be heard to great effect on Eberhard Weber's 'Later That Afternoon' (ECM); he adds tonal colour and plays ethereally beautiful yet propulsive lines that steal the show. It's beautifully recorded too as you'd expect from an ECM release. It's readily available on vinyl. Probably Weber's most cohesive and engaging record.

Thanks Jim_W, on your recomendation I have orderd an original 1982 copy 'near mint' it says?

CJSF

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
CJSF said:
Jim_W said:

Thanks Jim_W, on your recomendation I have orderd an original 1982 copy 'near mint' it says?

CJSF

Well, I hope you like it, CJSF; I feel terribly responsible for your listening enjoyment! I hope you gave it a quick once-over on Spotify first. I think it's a beautiful record; I hope you'll agree.

I hope it's as close to mint as possible as there are some rather quiet piano passages; the first track, 'Maurizius' should allow you to determine whether it's mint or not. Incidentally, this track is on youtube.

Best wishes.

TRENDING THREADS