Biggest projector bargain of the century - Thanks Clare!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Just to share with you my latest and biggest acquisition to date

Checking the ad section of the latest WHF issue I spotted the JVC HD350 projector going for £1,999 at Richersound. This normally retails for £3k+, though there have been some offers on-line for £2.5k

I checked their website where the product is still selling for £2450 however if you make it to your local branch armed with a copy of the magazine they will honour the cheaper price

In fact I called the branch before I went explaining what the price in the mag was and the manager dismissed it thinking I was getting it wrong - he said I should bring the WHF copy but clearly never expected me to. When I turned up and showed him the ad he could not believe this product had been discounted so heavily (I guess it was so early that HQ had not updated website, pricing, etc)

This is a top of the range projector, now cheaper than a Panasonic PT AE4000 (which I am happy to boycot as it sells half price in the US..) and many other mid range projectors

Needless to say I played with it all weekend feeding it a wide range of SD and HD; things like Blade Runner in blu-ray are absolutely stunning - the opening scene predominantely black is out of this world

As I will be moving into a new house soon(ish) I have had to make do with an 84" portable screen for now - even so, the cinematic feel is such that it is difficult to explain, you have to see it - you feel you are there! It was funny to feel that even sound felt fuller and richer by immersing yourself in such jaw-dropping spectacle (I know this is me being too over excited but hopefully you get the idea..)

Finally many thanks to Clare for pointing out that the HD350 should warrant the extra outlay over many other similarly priced projectors. As it turned out it was in fact cheaper, though I would have paid a grand extra guilt-free for this kind of performance

So if you are in the market for a £2k projector (or a top of the range TV!) do hurry to snatch one of these - and though space and installation must be a massive deterrent for those considering projectors, trust me you can leave with it more easily than you think. My mobile cinema kit (projector, cables and screen), though not ideal, gets dismantled in about 15 min and safely put away when not in use

I am sure there are better projectors for more money or same money in the no distant future. But I can honestly imagine being happy with this performance for a long, long time

Enjoy!

Fabio

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That is an awesome price for an awesome projector - so, so happy you're got your cinema sorted. Enjoy yourself!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Wow, you lucky, lucky thing. It's my lifelong dream to own a projector for a full 'cinema' style presentation in my home, and your experience sounds absolutely brilliant.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I once bought a dvd player off them (Forgets the model but it was a good'n), and with the discount in What Hifi mag they actually made a LOSS on the player!

A

Anonymous

It's money well spent - I've justified it saying to my wife that we could see the wedding pictures in a massive screen..... : - )

I couldn't recommended this purchase enough !!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Cinema Paradiso:

Hi all

As I will be moving into a new house soon(ish) I have had to make do with an 84" portable screen for now -

Hi,

WOW! You must be built like the Hulk - thinking an 84" screen is portable!!

Seriously though - great bargain and pleased you're enjoying it.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

ha ha...that made laugh

only 7 kg though (less than the projector)

A

Anonymous

Hi Cinema Paradiso,

Can I ask did you get the JVC 3yr guarantee?

The bloke I spoke to thought it was just 12 months, also struggling to find one instock.

TRENDING THREADS