Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Who were the three participants?

Were they forum contributors? If they were, why were their forum names not provided?

It would be nice to put a face to a forum name, that's all.

At the moment, they are just 3 strangers.

I did not know that Antony from Croydon was in fact Professorhat, until much later either.

Why the shroud of mystery?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
emotion-40.gif
We didn't include Forum member names in the first new-look issue (October), but have done ever since (where readers are Forum users; it's not a prerequisite), as per feedback here.

You can find readers' Forum names on their quotes in the BQ feature, for example p100-101 of current, January issue. (eg p100 'Martin, forum username: Mart Smith)

Same also in Sound Advice letters section.

No mystery at all!

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
since i was in the big question and my true identity was revealed i havent stoped being hassled in the streets with requests of autographs and pictures
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

nodnarb4444:since i was in the big question and my true identity was revealed i havent stoped being hassled in the streets with requests of autographs and pictures
emotion-5.gif
were you really in it nod? what edition?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:nodnarb4444:since i was in the big question and my true identity was revealed i havent stoped being hassled in the streets with requests of autographs and pictures
emotion-5.gif
i think april,but im not sure as the mags are kind of out of sync.

i will have a look in a minute ,i was on with sony center and design ---?

A

Anonymous

nodnarb4444:
maxflinn:nodnarb4444:since i was in the big question and my true identity was revealed i havent stoped being hassled in the streets with requests of autographs and pictures
emotion-5.gif

ah i must have missed that edition, it would have probably been out in march, i started buying them in may which was the start of my 2010 a.v. frenzy
emotion-1.gif

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
emotion-5.gif
it was number 5 2010 pg30(may) i was on with sony cetre and stefanr(dont no why i thouhgt design was his usser name)it was about dowmloaded music vs cds

i no its been said loads of times but coming from sombody who has had a pretty tuff time this year it really was one of my best days of the year and the team made it really enjoyable and i would recomend anyone who is a fan of the mag to go for it
emotion-21.gif

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:nodnarb4444:

emotion-5.gif

ah i must have missed that edition, it would have probably been out in march, i started buying them in may which was the start of my 2010 a.v. frenzy
emotion-1.gif

really was that your first mag in may.i always think the other guys on the forum have been buying the mag for years(i counted my mags the other day as my cupoard was getting kind of full and im upto 70copys

A

Anonymous

nodnarb4444:
emotion-5.gif
it was number 5 2010 pg30(may) i was on with sony cetre and stefanr(dont no why i thouhgt design was his usser name)it was about dowmloaded music vs cds

i no its been said loads of times but coming from sombody who has had a pretty tuff time this year it really was one of my best days of the year and the team made it really enjoyable and i would recomend anyone who is a fan of the mag to go for it
emotion-21.gif

yes i remember that now, i dont think i still have that edition though, btw, sony centre hasn't posted for a while...

yea another forum member, torres09, was there too, he travelled from dublin, he told me it was a great experience, and he was very impressed by the knowledge of the guys there, particularly ketan
emotion-21.gif
(i think thats how it's spelt)..

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:
Which big question? Why the indignant approach? (that's how it comes across)

Ah, I see you are featured. My fault entirely for not reading the fine line.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
emotion-40.gif
We didn't include Forum member names in the first new-look issue (October), but have done ever since (where readers are Forum users; it's not a prerequisite), as per feedback here.

You can find readers' Forum names on their quotes in the BQ feature, for example p100-101 of current, January issue. (eg p100 'Martin, forum username: Mart Smith)

Same also in Sound Advice letters section.

No mystery at all!

Yes, I see it. My mistake - apologies.

A

Anonymous

nodnarb4444:maxflinn:nodnarb4444:

emotion-5.gif

emotion-1.gif

really was that your first mag in may.i always think the other guys on the forum have been buying the mag for years(i counted my mags the other day as my cupoard was getting kind of full and im upto 70copysive bought the odd copy over the years, but ive bought every one since may, and ill keep buying them now
emotion-21.gif

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:nodnarb4444:

emotion-5.gif

emotion-21.gif

yes i remember that now, i dont think i still have that edition though, btw, sony centre hasn't posted for a while...

yea another forum member, torres09, was there too, he travelled from dublin, he told me it was a great experience, and he was very impressed by the knowledge of the guys there, particularly ketan
emotion-21.gif
(i think thats how it's spelt)..

i think torres was the month before me.. sony had a bit of traveling down to i think.

its the demo rooms i liked i think you could spend a week in there and not even think about going home.
emotion-4.gif

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:nodnarb4444:maxflinn:nodnarb4444:

emotion-5.gif

emotion-1.gif

really was that your first mag in may.i always think the other guys on the forum have been buying the mag for years(i counted my mags the other day as my cupoard was getting kind of full and im upto 70copysive bought the odd copy over the years, but ive bought every one since may, and ill keep buying them now, looking forward to getting this months copy tmw, im curious as to what ravey gravy looks like, ive got a mental image of a cross between jack dee and benny hill, cause he's quick witted and very funny
emotion-4.gif

i think you should do it next year max i would like to see you and gel do a big question
emotion-21.gif
the ant and dec of the forums
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

sounds great, i'd say after leaving there you may not have as much mass on your own kit when you get home
emotion-1.gif

i hope i can get the chance to go there myself someday, if the circumstances are right, and if they'll have me of course
emotion-5.gif

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:

sounds great, i'd say after leaving there you may not have as much mass on your own kit when you get home
emotion-1.gif

i hope i can get the chance to go there myself someday, if the circumstances are right, and if they'll have me of course
emotion-5.gif

oh yea it would be even better if el gelimoto was there too
emotion-11.gif
, i hear he's very rich from canny ebay sales, i'd let him go to the bar first
emotion-4.gif

oh yeah be warned within a month of doing the bq i had brought a projector set up,nothing like the ones at what hifi towers but i was itching to spend as soon as i left.so if you do go dwn there get ready to fight the upgraditus that might set in.
emotion-7.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Ronald Archiebald:

Who were the three participants?

Were they forum contributors? If they were, why were their forum names not provided?

It would be nice to put a face to a forum name, that's all.

At the moment, they are just 3 strangers.

I did not know that Antony from Croydon was in fact Professorhat, until much later either.

Why the shroud of mystery?

emotion-1.gif

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
nodnarb4444:since i was in the big question and my true identity was revealed i havent stoped being hassled in the streets with requests of autographs and pictures
emotion-5.gif

Is this what awaits me soon? Fame at last!

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:Lee H:

nodnarb4444: i havent stoped being hassled in the streets with requests of autographs
emotion-5.gif

Is this what awaits me soon? Fame at last!
emotion-11.gif

No - Nod has not yet realised he's changed gas suppliers 15 times.who knows this year what hifi next year ready steady cook maybe
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts