Bi-wiring Odissey 4

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently prepping the cable runs, and I've noticed that the silver plated copper strands are very thick indeed. Which made me want to bi-wire 4 to 4, as opposed to 4 to 2 as currently set up with the Clearwater. The amp (CA 840A) can take 2 sets of speakers with all the connections at the back. It would made my life easier definitely. But will the SQ suffer? And is it therefore adviseable (since I really only have one set of speakers to run - atm anyway)? Cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
momo72:
I'm currently prepping the cable runs, and I've noticed that the silver plated copper strands are very thick indeed. Which made me want to bi-wire 4 to 4, as opposed to 4 to 2 as currently set up with the Clearwater. The amp (CA 840A) can take 2 sets of speakers with all the connections at the back. It would made my life easier definitely. But will the SQ suffer? And is it therefore adviseable (since I really only have one set of speakers to run - atm anyway)? Cheers

I'm not sure I understand your question. I have the same amp and I have the Odyssey 4 cable bi-wired both ends.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:I'm not sure I understand your question. I have the same amp and I have the Odyssey 4 cable bi-wired both ends.

Is each cable run terminated into 4 or into 2 at the amp?

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
momo72:
Gerrardasnails:I'm not sure I understand your question. I have the same amp and I have the Odyssey 4 cable bi-wired both ends.

Is each cable run terminated into 4 or into 2 at the amp?

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

4 into the amp and 4 into my speakers.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:4ÿinto the amp and 4 into my speakers.

Alright, so you're using both set of terminals at the back of the 840A (ie, AB), correct?

ÿ

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
momo72:
Gerrardasnails:4ÿinto the amp and 4 into my speakers.

Alright, so you're using both set of terminals at the back of the 840A (ie, AB), correct?

ÿ

That's right, sounds good - it will be interesting to hear your views on the Odyssey.

Do you plan to bring lossless files into your system. I'm having a rare day off and I still get a shiver out of my system it sounds so good. Just listened to Sam Brown's 80s single "Stop", what a voice!!!

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:That's right, sounds good - it will be interesting to hear your views on the Odyssey. Do you plan to bring lossless files into your system. I'm having a rare day off and I still get a shiver out of my system it sounds so good. Just listened to Sam Brown's 80s single "Stop", what a voice!!!

Yes. I'm currently re-ripping all my CD's, in between waiting for the DFS delivery people to bother bringing that new sofa and trying to fix up 2 bikes. Even at this stage I don't know if I want to go the ALAC or FLAC route. For now, it's being done in iTunes in Apple Lossless, but I want to investigate Foobar as well.

How long a burn-in should I give the Odyssey before it sounds at its optimum?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
momo72:
Gerrardasnails:That's right, sounds good - it will be interesting to hear your views on the Odyssey. Do you plan to bring lossless files into your system. I'm having a rare day off and I still get a shiver out of my system it sounds so good. Just listened to Sam Brown's 80s single "Stop", what a voice!!!

Yes. I'm currently re-ripping all my CD's, in between waiting for the DFS delivery people to bother bringing that new sofa and trying to fix up 2 bikes. Even at this stage I don't know if I want to go the ALAC or FLAC route. For now, it's being done in iTunes in Apple Lossless, but I want to investigate Foobar as well.

Just enjoy from the start and if it gets better, it's a bonus. Are you set up yet?

Once you feed the DM lossless files to your 840, you will not believe how good it sounds.

As for FLAC or ALAC, if you are going to use ITunes, ALAC - they will sound the same and it's less of a hit on your hard drive. You can always change them back to FLAC easy enough.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:momo72:

Just enjoy from the start and if it gets better, it's a bonus. Are you set up yet? Once you feed the DM lossless files to your 840, you will not believe how good it sounds. As for FLAC or ALAC, if you are going to use ITunes, ALAC - they will sound the same and it's less of a hit on your hard drive. You can always change them back to FLAC easy enough.

Not set up yet as the sofa has just been delivered. It's only taken the whole day. I could have gone to work (if I had a job that is).

Cheers for your help. I'll report on how it sounds later. I'm off to finish clean up that cable bare now...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts