bi-wiring Cambridge audio 540A using speaker A and speaker B

A

Anonymous

Each speaker will have its own HF and LF, with +ve and -ve terminals. Using 4 strands of cable i.e two sets, wire the speakers HF to a set of terminals both +ve and -ve on the amp, wire the LF to the other set of terminals, +ve and -ve on the amp, making sure these are of the same speaker on the amp, e.g left. Repeat with the other speaker on the other set of terminals, left or right, whichever you haven't done already. Remove the linking metal bits too.

or: http://www.stickyrice.net/hifi/biwire-3.gif

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
I bi wired my 601s to my rotel amp using speaker A terminals for the tweeters and B for the bass. It sounded out of phase in any other configeration. How are your speakers? I thought about upgrading to the 685s but the mag said they might sound a bit boomy in a small room like mine. Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

I've bi-wired (A for LF and B for HF) and I think it's sound a little better , but not much of an improvement ...anyway I like the azur 540a v2 and the B&W 685 are super.

the sound is clear , precise, a lot of detail ...

PS: I listen most mp3 's from the PC (audigy x fi ) ; I should try with a CD player or a Tuner ,Cambridge audio I think

any recommendations ?

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Cant go wrong with the Cambridge and having played i tunes through my stereo the cambridge will be a revelation . However, my first cd players were cambridge and Nads. Then i changed to a arcam 72 and the upgrade was an amazing improvement. Because arcam are discontinuing the diva range there is some fantastic discounts from bona fide hi fi retailers, a few of them auctioning on e bay. You should be able to get an arcam cd73 for a bargain price and you will love the sound.

A

Anonymous

A terminals = LF left + HF right

B terminals = LF right + HF left

(or vice versa)

Personally I prefer this to the A=LF, B=HF type of arrangement, but it is a very subjective thing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts