Best value 40+ inch LCD or Plasma?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I've just acquired my new amp & speaker kit, but things didn't quite go in the direction I'd originally intended because of the unbeatable value I found in the form of a Denon AVR 2310 & Monitor Audio Bronze speaker package - which I'm absolutely delighted with for just a smidge over £1000, including 30metres of Chord Carnival Silver Screen cable.

As a result of the cost savings made I now also have some money left over to indulge myself with a new 40+ inch TV to accompany my new set up (£1000 max.).

The question is, can the relative performance-per-pound ratio be repeated with a new TV also?

I'm not at all interested in 3D. Don't mind having a discontinued model, but would prefer a 5 year warranty for additional peace of mind. A slim screen depth & lower power consumption would be a bonus.

The best value I've found to date appears to be a Phillips 42PFL7404H from Marks & Spencer @ £599 inc. 5 year warranty.

Any alternate suggestions or thoughts on this set would be greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Up to £1000 I would go for the Panasonic Txp42g20 , i`ve seen it for under £1k with a 5 Year Gtee , it has Freeview HD , freesat Hd , 1080p , 600 Hz . its a really good TV this years Sonys are very good but I would definately look at the Panasonic.

Good Luck

PS just dont get a Samsung!

A

Anonymous

A Philips 42PFL9664? Now there's a model I didn't expect to find within my price bracket! Good work Greg.L.

I've only seen the reviews of these models and they look like great TV's, but how does it compare to the Panasonic that's also been suggested?

A

Anonymous

hi there , if you could strtetch the budget a little you could get a panasonic 42v20 , stunningly good tv ..

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-viera-tx-p42v20b-42-full-hd-plasma-tv-05270827-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1-[Awin]&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
aselfy:

I've only seen the reviews of these models and they look like great TV's, but how does it compare to the Panasonic that's also been suggested?

It can't compete with a Panasonic G20 in my opinion, or even less with the V20.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts