Best speaker youve listened to over the past year?...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:The ART Deco 15's for me. Stunning in every way all the time.

My ART Emotion Signature is the most "real" sounding speakers speakers I have ever heard so with the extra midrange driver - I bet the 15's are pretty awesome, I would love the Deco 20 signature but they are huge!!! (in size and in price)

A

Anonymous

I've heard quite a few speakers over the last 12 months, cheap Wharfedales, expensive Proacs and the elusive ADM 9.1s. But, recently, I bought my own for the first time, and I opted for a used pair of Proac Response 1SCs. I absolutely love them, even in suboptimal conditions, and I'm sure that they'll survive a couple of electronics upgrades. They're definitely my favorites right now!

Hedgehog

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:
Muon_Website.jpg

A slight change for me.

My God, I didn't realise the Muons were that huge! Absolutely dwarfs the Dali (Helicon 400?) next to it.

A

Anonymous

Gryphon Atlantis, stunning when on the end of some very high end gear, have listened to the latest b&w 800 diamonds and a few other pricey models but the Atlantis transports you on stage with the musicians.On a personal note, the Spendors make me enjoy music rather than just listen.

A

Anonymous

Listened to some great speakers this year:

- budget : XTZ 99.26 (smooth and dynamic, heard nothing like them in the > 600 Euro region)
- mid priced : Gallo Strada + 300 sub and the new System Audio Mantra 60 - both fantastic speakers ( the Strada's blew me away)
- style speakers : Vienna Acoustic Schonberg (sound as good as they look, which is a tough task)

But the absolute best this year:

WLM Stella monitor + Basic Duo Subwoofer - mind blowing!!!

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm, let me try to remember... in the last year or so I have listened to:

- Martin Logan electrostatics (cannot remember the model but it was I think the second from the bottom of the range)
- Sonus Faber Liuto
- Sonus Faber Toy Tower
- PMC Fact 8
- ATC scm 50 classic passive
- ATC scm 50 classic active
- ATC scm 100 classic active
- ATC scm 100 tower active
- ATC scm 40
- KEF XQ 30 and 40

you may know from other threads that I went for the atc 50s active towers but some speaekrs from this list I thought were quite good:

- Sonus Faber Toy Tower and Liuto
- ATC scm 40

The electrostats were nice and had good midrange and treble but bass was ordinary. PMC fact 8 had the bass a bit boomy to my liking, KEFs were OK sounding and very good looking.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Based on my experiences on Saturday (see my other post), and the fact I haven't been to any shows to sample really expensive stuff, I'd have to say the Neat Elite SX! Also loved the Spendor A5 and A6.

A

Anonymous

When first listening to my M6i in a listening room I asked the salesman if he could hook them up to a more expensive set of speakers then my own to see what it's potential is for any future speaker upgrades.

He hooked the amp up to a pair of Focal Electra BE 1028. Most impressed i've ever been by a pair of speakers

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Diamond Joe:
I heard the PMC Fact 8s at the Bristol show, really impressed with them, totally my cup of tea. It's just a shame that I have neither the cash or the space to get a pair.

PMC-Fact8.jpg

Ahhh, I was trying to remember which PMC it was at the Bristol show, I think they were driven with some Bryston kit. Absolutely fantastic, but rather a long way out of my price range.

Those in my price range are the Spendor A5 (which I now own).

TRENDING THREADS