Best speaker youve listened to over the past year?...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Whats yours?

I was having a demo of a few speakers the other day, and i can say that the speaker that has impressed me so far is the....

The SPLENDOR A5...

A

Anonymous

Haven't listened to many at all over the last year. It'd have to be the Spendor SA1 :)

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Had the pleasure of a long listen to the brand new Magnepan 1.7 quasi ribbon speaker. Wow! From 60hz up, better than any box speaker I've ever heard regardless of price. They run about 2k in US dollars. If you've never heard planar speakers like this, I cannot tell you how different they sound to box speakers. The soundstage is gigantic and extremely open sounding. The electronics were the new Musical Fidelity M6i and matching CDP. Jaw dropping sound. Only the bass was compromised. They still had pretty good bass, but compared to my Dyns, they were weaklings.

img4b433f1f85c7e.jpg

A

Anonymous

I have only really listened to speakers in my budget of £750, but my clear winner was the monitor audio RX6's suported by the REL R-305 sub.

matthewpiano

The Sugdens on the Masterclass system at Manchester for their sheer musicality. Somehow they seemed to hark back to an age when music truly gushed out of speakers with an infectious and immersive approach.

A

Anonymous

I am similar to the stig08 but with me I usually only look at speakers I have a quarter chance of getting past her in doors.

The best I have heard, modest but still excellent Monitor Audio RX1's.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I know not amazing but the Monitor Audio RS6 has to be one of the best I've listened to in a long while.

The Rega RS5 also impressed as did my Uncles B&W CM9's.

I think for 'way outta my budget' speakers; The B&W 800 speakers or 'washing machines' as my other half calls them were outstanding!

Picture082.jpg

Forgot to add; the M/A RX2's I listened to recently, IMO, we're superb!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
d_a_n1979:The B&W 800 speakers or 'washing machines' as my other half calls them were outstanding!

While I really like the B&W CM series, know matter how much I try and like the B&W 800 series, I'm never really impreseed by any of them. And they are pretty ugly IMO. I'm really stumped by people that love the 805s. For the same money (or less) there are so many better sounding speakers to my ears.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:The ART Deco 15's for me. Stunning in every way all the time.

Hee hee
emotion-2.gif
. None of that metal dome 'oi listen to how impressive i am, so buy me mullarky'.

Derek and ramsay know their stuff , just a tad.

A

Anonymous

reggaedave:

Whats yours?

I was having a demo of a few speakers the other day, and i can say that the speaker that has impressed me so far is the....

studio-140.jpg

Got them for a grand ex-demo from Sevenoaks, down from 1440 or so full retail price, so wasn't too upset I had to have black ash and not a "real" wood finish.

Far better suited to my all Cyrus setup, with much more bass "oomph", aided, no doubt, by the downward firing bass ports and my wooden floors.

Thought about trading up to the Studio 140 Mark 2 model, but for now I'm quite happy with what I've got, so can't see the point. Especially as I'm only just returing to full time work after four months lack of work enforced daytime TV watching -
emotion-41.gif
- and I'd rather spend the money upgrading the 2009 CD-XTSE / DAC-X / pre-VS2 / twin 8-Power combo to a 2010 CD-XTSE/ DAC-XP / twin Mono-X combo, lthough again I find it hard to justify, even to myself, laying out maybe a net 2500 quid in the process.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed how similar the Spendors and ProAcs are in basic configuration?

T

the record spot

On the basis that I've not heard any other speakers in the last year, mine!
emotion-1.gif

(But they are good!)

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Audio Adam Tensor Beta

Available as active speaker to.

I found them better sounding then the more expensive Magico loudspeakers. Still, i wonder how they compare to the Hyperion flagship speakers, i think the difference is more in price then anything else

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
On the more affordable side of things this setup was sounding very nice, Sonus Faber speakers, Prima Luna tube amp an Clearaudio turntable. There was some noise on the record that was playing but a very good sound otherwise...

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano:The Sugdens on the Masterclass system at Manchester for their sheer musicality. Somehow they seemed to hark back to an age when music truly gushed out of speakers with an infectious and immersive approach.

quite agree with you there, i spent quite a while in that room then quite some time deliberating on getting an a21 amp

idc

the record spot:On the basis that I've not heard any other speakers in the last year, mine!
emotion-1.gif
(But they are good!)

Same here. So since they have speakers in them, the Goldring NS1000s.................

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts