Best Meida Player That Can Handle Flac Files For Mac OSX

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey Guys

After discovering that my new Mac Book Pro cannot instal FooBar i'm looking for a new media player for OSX that can play flac files. I know itunes is much better on mac but it cannot play flac files so any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Stevie,

I am PC user, however I'm a member of a computer audio forum that specializes in MAC's for music playback.

The options I am aware of as follows:

1; Play by sbooth, states it plays Flac

2: I have heard of a plugin called Fluke that claims flac playback, I think it

works with iTunes, not to sure.

3: Amarra is paid for software that uses iTunes as the Library, worth a look at the site, the top

version is very expensive.

4: Songbird may also play Flac, not to sure on that one.

5: Another Paid for option is Pure Music, paid for software, again not sure on Flac support, check out the

website.

Cheers Craig

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
You could use XLD or MAX to convert the FLAC files to WAV or AIFF. Or if space is an issue ALAC.
Then just use iTunes for playback.

Or use Play from sbooth to playback the FLAC files.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Not sure how many files you've got but if you're using a MAC then it makes sense to use iTunes. And if you're using iTunes then it makes sense to use a lossless format that iTunes can play without adding third party hacks.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the replies guys. I will look at getting some kind of plugin that will let itunes play flac's otherwise i'll convert my flacs too alac (although this could take a rather long time as i have all my CD ripped as flac now). I will be boot camping with Windows 7 so at least then i'll get foobar back.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Stevie_Blaze:
Hey Guys

After discovering that my new Mac Book Pro cannot instal FooBar i'm looking for a new media player for OSX that can play flac files. I know itunes is much better on mac but it cannot play flac files so any suggestions?

http://www.mediajukebox.com/

sorry, it's Windows only.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts